By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You Can Only Pick One: WoW or FFXIV on Xbox?

WoW 6 33.33%

FFXIV 12 66.67%

Total:18

Can gamepass subscriptions exceed 50 million by the end of 2023? In my opinion, yes, easily. I think it might be over 75 million. Game pass PC should explode after Blizzard games get added. Starfield, if it is successful, will help a lot as well. On the console, COD will help a lot.

Around the Network

Diablo: Immortal won't launch in Belgium and the Netherlands because of Lootbox Laws....

Oh well it looks like I potentially can't play some games in the future...(still waiting for phantasy star 2 online)

konnichiwa said:

Diablo: Immortal won't launch in Belgium and the Netherlands because of Lootbox Laws....

Oh well it looks like I potentially can't play some games in the future...(still waiting for phantasy star 2 online)

And here I was thinking we were past loot boxes in gaming. Then again, Overwatch still has loot boxes after all these years. OW2 probably will have them too. 

I LOVE GIGGS said:

Can gamepass subscriptions exceed 50 million by the end of 2023? In my opinion, yes, easily. I think it might be over 75 million. Game pass PC should explode after Blizzard games get added. Starfield, if it is successful, will help a lot as well. On the console, COD will help a lot.

By end of 2023? Yes I believe so, I think that is a no brainer, will probably be way higher than that.

I LOVE GIGGS said:

WoW is still one of the most played games in the world. Top 20 last I read. I can't imagine how many WoW players will flock to PC Game Pass when WoW is included! For cheaper too! 

Around the Network

Idk about 50m and definitely not 75m, we're at 25m right now and Tbh I don't see that growing much for the whole of 2022, I think either basically stagnate or even a decline, there's no major exclusives currently announced for 2022 but we'll have a better picture come 'E3' and I don't think the 3rd parties will save the day, so I think by 2023 we'll still be hovering around 25m.

xCloud Puck and TV Apps will likely boost the numbers but we don't know when they're coming, I need a clearer picture of 2023 line up, of course, Starfield will provide a boost, I don't know how much, it also depends on how the stock situation improves, Game Pass growth is hindered on consoles by a smaller install-base and stock issues.

I don't know how big of a pull the old CoD titles will be, no new CoD titles will be added until Sony's marketing deals are over, Blizzard is good for PC but as we've seen, it's hard to pull PC gamers away from Steam, Microsoft can release all the games they want, a large chunk will still either play on Steam or Battle.Net, if they got Game Pass on Steam though it would explode.

So yeah, a lot of unknowns for me still, I'll be a little optimistic and say 30m by the end of 2022 and 40-50m by the end of 2023 but it depends on a few things.

• Stock Situation (Still Limited).
  • 2023 Line-Up (Mostly Unknown).
  • PC Gamers Coming Round to Windows Store (Still Limited).
Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 31 May 2022

This seems incomplete--none of the games added are after June 7 when usually, they have games over a full 2-week span. Could they potentially drop something at both Summer Games Fest and the XBox Showcase?

Last edited by kenjab - on 31 May 2022

SW-3707-5131-3911

gtotheunit91 said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:

WoW is still one of the most played games in the world. Top 20 last I read. I can't imagine how many WoW players will flock to PC Game Pass when WoW is included! For cheaper too! 

Imo.

0% Chance that WoW is added into Game Pass.

kenjab said:

That's a nice update especially we possible see more added during the conference.

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Imo.

0% Chance that WoW is added into Game Pass.

Yeah, I guess that might bring Blizzard's revenue down a bit too much