By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
VersusEvil said:

I've been saying it over in Discord for awhile but I truly believe Embracer are being funded by a much larger company to buy all these studios then sell out to them and I really think it's gonna be Tencent. Let's just hope, whoever buys Embracer (not if) doesn't pull some exclusive to one platform bullshit.

I dont think thats true. It's not like the acquisition funds are coming from unknown sources. Embracer publicly state they look for funds for acquisition and we know, for example, that the Canada Pension Plan provided some of this funds.

Embracer probably expects game subscription services to take off and they plan to be the main providers of content to these services.

Around the Network

ZhugEX on Twitter said the Series S/X shipped over a million less than the PS5 so over 3 million. In comparison, the Xbox One shipped 3 9 million in the same time but the Series S/X sell through rate seems to be higher. 

Last edited by jason1637 - on 03 February 2021

Ryuu96 said:

Sounds like Amazon will be harder to get rid of

Google still remains a competitor to Microsoft, given Stadia is still alive and they'll be licensing their Cloud tech to publishers but at least we know they're out of the acquisition game, can't say the same for Amazon yet...

It's funny that Satya was promoted from Azure to CEO and this Amazon dude was promoted from Amazon's Cloud Services to CEO too.

They are the ones that I can realistically see buying Take-Two, I believe that they also have a dedicated Luna Console that they have yet to reveal.

If they enter that console hardware market then it will be “easy” because all they would have to do is match the Series S specs to ensure dedicated 3rd party support for next gen.

I did $500 on all my bets

Forza in Asia
buyout closing in May (just feel like these things take forever...)
Timed Exclusive (Prove me wrong MS lol)

After Control and The Division 2 having their next gen updates released, what other games are there that will get an update in the future?

I can't think of many: Cyberpunk, Witcher 3, Doom Eternal, Avengers... anything else?

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
ice said:

I did $500 on all my bets

Forza in Asia
buyout closing in May (just feel like these things take forever...)
Timed Exclusive (Prove me wrong MS lol)

Hyped to go VGC bankrupt.

I was trying to bet all my money on the first one but it kept saying 1k is the max lol

Angelus said:

I've never even heard of Aspyr, and unless google is lying to me, they've never done anything but handle ports for games other people made.....that's who's supposed to make a new KOTOR.....? Excuse me while I go cut myself.

Aspyr is a porting studio. They are known for bringing lots of Windows games to macOS. I doubt they would have been a valuable asset for Microsoft given that they haven't developed even one game at least in their entire history. Just ports.

400 on South America for Forza. Im guessing Mexico
200 on Starfield not being exclusive
100 on March for Zenimax deal

Feel free to add me to main page. Gamertag: xxDROIDKNIGHTxx

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Anyone else try the Balan Wonderworld demo? Looked kinda cool during the xbox pre-show last year but I gotta say, I'm not impressed. Every button is to jump, and the jumping feels off, often times floaty. The powerups are like a bad version of Mario Odyssey. It definitely has that weird sega saturn energy, which I guess is a positive to some. The boss fight at the end was the only fun part but it was way too easy. So yeah not feeling it. I don't even think I can spend $20 let alone the full $60 on it... luckily it seems like a prime contender for GamePass in the future, and I will probably check it out when it hits gp.