By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
derpysquirtle64 said:
Angelus said:

I don't know if it's really all that important for MS to make a big showing of Lockhart to us at this point. Those of us following along at this stage, keeping track of all announcements, fevering for next gen news....we're not really the target audience for Lockhart. As long as they announce it with a few months to go before it hits stores, they'll be fine. Especially since none of the next gen consoles (be it from MS or Sony) have price points yet, and both companies are expected to continue to play chicken with the other over the matter. Lockhart is irrelevant without the context of price.

One could even make the argument, that MS perhaps shouldn't launch Lockhart alongside Series X this fall. Whatever production capacity they have in the current climate, chances are that if they focused solely on making as many Series X systems as possible, they'd still sell out of all initial stock with a simultaneous worldwide release. Unless perhaps I'm vastly underestimating their production capacity.

And that's exactly why they need to mention it during July show. Because July show is probably the only one out of all MS shows this year which will attract people outside of hardcore gaming circle. Target audience for Lockhart won't watch "the Xboxing day" in August, they will watch the July show.

My point is, I don't really think Lockhart becomes important until either A) Hardcore gamers with a lack of the required disposable income see that Series X and/or PS5 are too far out of their price range, and B) Parents of kids asking for a new console walk in the store, see a vastly cheaper option on the shelf, and ask a clerk what the deal with that one is.

I do not believe we're getting the Series X price next month. Without it, I don't believe you transition to talking about Lockhart, and why it's a good option. It just doesn't make sense. 

You're probably right that MS won't have another event or showing this year that gets as many views as what they do in July, but I'm not sure that matters in this context, because the point of the event is for them to come away excited for the future of Xbox, by way of exciting games. As far as the hardware goes, if nobody is hit with the harsh reality of the Series X being out of their price range, why does it matter to the viewer that there is some hypothetical B-spec next gen Xbox? 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

The Gears leaker just went insane on Era so...No more Gears leaks

Jesus...Oh well, I also question his Perfect Dark/Coalition claims now, I just don't know how else to explain his random meltdown.

lmao, i was thinking the same thing. I can't trust the info of someone who is clearly insane.

Ryuu96 said:

The Gears leaker just went insane on Era so...No more Gears leaks

Jesus...Oh well, I also question his Perfect Dark/Coalition claims now, I just don't know how else to explain his random meltdown.

What did he do?

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

What did he do?

Lost it over The Banished being in Halo Infinite, called it lazy writing or something, apparently loves The Banished but hates that they are in Infinite, essentially wished Chris Lee would hang himself and told members in the Xbox thread he hopes members of their families get raped...

Lol wtf did the dude get hacked, this seems entirely out of nowhere.

Ryuu96 said:
kirby007 said:

plot armor

Love the Halo 3 opening where they basically say "fuck it" and straight up confirm his plot armour as "luck" as he falls from space straight into the ground and gets up moments later.

To be fair his luck was established in the 2001 book Fall of Reach. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

What did he do?

Lost it over The Banished being in Halo Infinite, called it lazy writing or something, apparently loves The Banished but hates that they are in Infinite, essentially wished Chris Lee would hang himself and told members in the Xbox thread he hopes members of their families get raped...

He's always criticising Chris Lee with or without reason. Few times he was rude and personal for no reason. I don't know what's his issue with him. This isn't the first time.

Finished Mass Effect: Andromeda.
Sadly a very underrated game. Might not be as awesome as the trilogy that came before it but it's a damn fine game.

Graphics are really good and I'm very happy that I only played a little bit (6 hours) before the Xbox One X patch dropped. The design of the planets is definitely the best of any Mass Effect game. The open world aspect of this game works quite well. The playable areas of the the planets are quite huge and there are enough unique landscapes and objects in the world that it doesn't become boring.

The mission design however isn't quite on the same level. The lack of a morality system really hurts and limits what options you can pick and how the missions conclude. Most of the times the answers you pick don't make any difference. I don't even think it's really possible to fail missions by picking certain answers/actions.

Things are looking much better on the combat gameplay side. Easily the best in the series.

The story is quite good as is the main character. Can't complain about those. However the supporting characters and bad guys could use some improvement. Basically the supporting characters don't feel unique as they're made up of the same races you've already encountered in the past ME games. They also share the typical attributes that those races possess so they're not that interesting. All except for one that is, who is part of the new alien race found in the Andromeda galaxy. Basically the game adds three new races of which one of them is good in nature, one pretty much neutral and one bad.
Decent if you compare it to previous ME games, but maybe not enough for a spin-off in a different galaxy.

The game has a ton of content so I'm not mad about them not supporting the game with DLCs or something. Took me 31 hours to beat the story and a lot of the side quests (getting every planet to 100% viability) which is about the same time I've spent in ME2 and ME3 for almost every quest in the game plus a couple of DLCs. Opening my journal, I think there would still be about 3 dozen side quests left so I could easily go on and play it for another 20 hours or more to see everything.

There were lots of reports of weird facial movements and glitches. I can tell you that pretty much everything has been patched. I've encountered a glitch maybe once every 8 hours or so. Mostly on the funny side during cutscenes or stuff like that. Only once I had to quit out of the game because a loading screen wouldn't disappear even though I could already hear myself jumping and shooting a gun. The game creates tons of autosaves so you're never losing much progress.

Overall I give it a 8.5/10. Check it out if you haven't.

Last edited by Barozi - on 25 June 2020

Barozi said:

Finished Mass Effect: Andromeda.
Sadly a very underrated game. Might not be as awesome as the trilogy that came before it but it's a damn fine game.

Graphics are really good and I'm very happy that I only played a little bit (6 hours) before the Xbox One X patch dropped. The design of the planets is definitely the best of any Mass Effect game. The open world aspect of this game works quite well. The playable areas of the the planets are quite huge and there are enough unique landscapes and objects in the world that it doesn't become boring.

The mission design however isn't quite on the same level. The lack of a morality system really hurts and limits what options you can pick and how the missions conclude. Most of the times the answers you pick don't make any difference. I don't even think it's really possible to fail missions by picking certain answers/actions.

Things are looking much better on the combat gameplay side. Easily the best in the series.

The story is quite good as is the main character. Can't complain about those. However the supporting characters and bad guys could use some improvement. Basically the supporting characters don't feel unique as they're made up of the same races you've already encountered in the past ME games. They also share the typical attitudes that those races possess so they're not that interesting. All except for one that is, who is part of the new alien race found in the Andromeda galaxy. Basically the game adds three new races of which one of them is good, one pretty much neutral and one bad.
Decent if you compare it to previous ME games, but maybe not enough for a spin-off in a different galaxy.

The game has a ton of content so I'm not mad about them not supporting the game with DLCs or something. Took me 31 hours to beat the story and a lot of the side quests (getting every planet to 100% viability) which is about the same time I've spent in ME2 and ME3 for almost every quest in the game plus a couple of DLCs. Opening my journal, I think there would still be about 3 dozen side quests left so I could easily go on and play it for another 20 hours or more to see everything.

There were lots of reports of weird facial movements and glitches. I can tell you that pretty much everything has been patched. I've encountered a glitch maybe once every 8 hours or so. Mostly on the funny side during cutscenes or stuff like that. Only once I had to quit out of the game because a loading screen wouldn't disappear even though I could already hear myself jumping and shooting a gun. The game creates tons of autosaves so you're never losing much progress.

Overall I give it a 8.5/10. Check it out if you haven't.

This very much encapsulates my views of the game. Really glad you liked it.

It isn't Mass Effect 2. But it is a very good game that was sunk by a handful of unrepresentative GIFs.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I feared ME Andromeda would end in a cliff hanger since we wouldn't get a sequel but luckily that didn't happen.
It's a full story similar to the ending of ME1 so there's definitely sequel potential.

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

What did he do?

LMAO what a legend

EDIT: i can respect losing your shit over a game you love

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.