By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Xbox Games Showcase Recap | Starfield, Redfall, Forza Motorsport Gameplay Reveal | Minecraft Legends, Ara History Untold, Pentiment Announced | Grounded, As Dusk Falls Release Date

Ryuu96 said:

Yeah, they will recognize them right before they dissolve the business when they start making demands.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

Yeah, they will recognize them right before they dissolve the business when they start making demands.

Unfortunately this is likely true, Lol. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot though, the reason why Warzone is a buggy mess is because the Raven QA team went on strike during this but American corps hate unions with a passion, Microsoft is no exception to this hate, they hate unions too, I'm sceptical that Phil will stand by his word.

He went on to say this...

During a previous all-hands meeting a year and a half ago, Spencer said that he didn't have much experience with unions. In today's all-hands, Spencer addressed that previous statement. "Linda Norman and I have been spending a lot of time educating myself on unions." Spencer said. "We absolutely support employees' right to organize and form unions."

So he's saying anyone in Xbox can organise and form unions now, he has opened the floodgates, I'm fairly confident that Josh Sawyer of Obsidian is pro-union so it'd be interesting to see if any Xbox studios jump onto this, it'd be interesting to see if it causes a ripple effect, I firmly believe that Xbox should be pro-union in the wake of corporations and publishers being so anti-union, not only is it ultimately better for the employees but I do believe it would make Xbox a more desirable place to work at during a time where talent is scarce and everyone is swapping jobs, Xbox being the first pro-union major publisher would be an interesting thing.

Maybe Phil has more weight to make these decisions as CEO of Microsoft Gaming, maybe Microsoft Gaming can make their own policies and decisions which don't apply to Microsoft as a whole and that will be the excuse as to why Xbox employees can unionise but Microsoft doesn't allow it, or maybe this statement is bullshit and they're going to find a way to fire anyone who unionises but good luck doing that when the vast majority of the QA team voted in favour of unionising and talent is scarce.

I'll believe it when I see it, I suppose.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 26 May 2022

Should Gears 6 Be the Final Entry?

Yes, They Should Focus On Something Else 6 24.00%

No, I Want More Gears 8 32.00%

No, but They Should Take a Break/Reboot/Soft Reboot It 11 44.00%

Total: 25
Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 26 May 2022

Around the Network

Does anyone have the numbers for OG Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Xbox Series in Japan?

Ryuu96 said:

Should Gears 6 Be the Final Entry?

Yes, They Should Focus On Something Else624.00%

No, I Want More Gears832.00%

No, but They Should Take a Break/Reboot/Soft Reboot It1144.00%

Total:25

A somewhat disappointing community response imo.  It'd be nice to have their tentpole series just go out with a bang and move on.  

-Gears 6

-MP content drip feed

-Maybe 2 official SP/Co-op expansions

Boom!  Give The Coalition creative freedom for a new IP and go from there.

Ryuu96 said:

Does anyone have the numbers for OG Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Xbox Series in Japan?

These are just the estimates on VG Chartz.

edit: lifetime to date

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I wouldn't know where to find a week by week breakdown of each console.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I just threw this together using the monthly sales comparison charts as a starting point. This is based on VGChartz estimates, which are based on Media Create/Famitsu. Sadly OG Xbox is before VGC existed, so we don't have weekly/monthly estimates for it. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.