By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ice said:
EspadaGrim said:

If Chrono Trigger ever happens it will be Nintendo exclusive since they co-own the IP with SE I believe, that’s a big reason why it hasn’t been Remastered or Remade yet.

wasn't it on PS1, and PC in more recent years?

Never mind, I could have sworn that I read somewhere that Nintendo co owned the IP guess I was wrong.

Around the Network

Don't forget TWEWY Neo, it's so odd seeing all these games ported to everything but Xbox. But then you see SE and Gamepass flirting on twitter lol what the actual fuck. When we're having a conversation about Koei Tecmo having better support than SE, SE needs to revaluate themselves.

Finished the Foundation DLC for Control.

Pretty good DLC that offers a lot of content. Didn't check the time but it's probably around 50% of the campaigns length.
Thankfully they made more use of the FBC staff this time around and it actually ends with a boss fight! Two complaints I had about the original game solved right there.

However, the choice of location is once more disappointing. Half of the game is set in the Astral Plane again. Using nothing but shiny stone blocks doesn't cut it in terms of creative level design. The other half is set in a cave which is fine but not that creative either.

EspadaGrim said:
dx11332sega said:

Off topic
One of my grandma's looks like a cross between japanese and latino
been watching too much japanese documents and laiino shows
and she looks way different than majority of latino's
both granndma's are light skin so that's a plus
I think I look more latino thanks to other grandma tbh
but I still get the occational your not latino, what are you ? your cute though,
mexican girls and guys question where I'm from I tell them mah parent are honduras.

Honduras another country.

I’m part Honduran from my mothers side, and my Grandmother is half Asian probably Chinese/Taiwanese but most people could never really tell but you can see it.

Many people from that region could also be part Arab/Middle eastern and not even know it.

Welcome to the world of "you're Spanish? But you're milky white/green eyed/pretty boy/have long hair/are not gentlemanly/are not romantic/act like one of those Nordic boys who wouldn't approach a woman first if they were dying/etc, etc... 

The basque (maternal side) in me has only one thing to say. 

Pikutara joan... 

shikamaru317 said:
ice said:

Out of all the smaller titles skipping Xbox from SE, the Legend of Mana one hurts the most. If they do a Chrono Trigger HD port to consoles and it skips xbox I might cry lol

The Trials of Mana remake really hurt me, that game looks rights up my alley.

With Koei Tecmo support looking to be improving now with Samurai Warriors returning to Xbox after Samurai Warriors 3, 4, Spirit of Sanada, and several other Samurai Warriors side games skipped Xbox, I think we can now officially say that Square has the worst level of Xbox support out of all the big Japanese publishers. Capcom, Sega, Namco Bandai, Konami, and now Koei Tecmo are supporting Xbox better than Square is.

In fact, there are only 2 unreleased Square Enix JP game coming to Xbox currently, Balan Wonderworld and Nier Replicant remaster, and the developer decided to support Xbox on Balan Wonderworld, not Square. The rest of what Square has announced currently, Legend of Mana, Bravely Default 2, Babylon's Fall, Project Triangle Strategy, Final Fantasy 7 Remake next gen port (technically not announced but insiders say it is skipping Xbox), Final Fantasy 16, Project Athia, are all games that look to be skipping Xbox, at launch at least.

For the record, everything after PTS is Sony hatting.  

shikamaru317 said:

Also, I would love to see Square remake Chrono Trigger on the same engine they used for the Trials of Mana remake. Would play that for sure, even if it skipped Xbox.

Even though many might find it odd, I'm not interested and will not be interested in SNX games for the foreseeable future. Only one remake can make me go back to them, and even if it were to happen, it wouldn't make it to this gen: 

If SNX did have spare muscle, I'd convince Satya to hand me a fat check and bankroll this as a response to FFVIIR timed exclusivity. Add in FPS mechanics for Squall, Irving and Laguna, fighting game mechanics for Zell, Bayonetta esque combat for Quistis and a TPS interface for Selphie and the game would sell. 

Pry Gravity off Masayoshi Son's zombie fingers.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

C'mon Xbox, they've got to get much better at this stuff, how do they not have a business team in South Korea? Wth?

Wonder if they could acquire someone (say Smilegate?) and create a business team inside of them, sort of how Lionhead was the HQ of Europe operations.

Korea has ton of talented studios they just don’t have a big presence on consoles since Korea is PC country.

This could be a chance for MS to forge more partnerships and potentially be able to get timed or full console exclusive games on Xbox, this is really amateur hour for them considering that they are pushing Xcloud in South Korea too.

I missed that bet. 250 on Horizon.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:

Hmm, so it's looking like.

Sony Japan - Silent Hill (Exclusive).

Bloober Team - Silent Hill (Multiplatform).

Missed opportunity by Microsoft, if Sony can have an exclusive Silent Hill then why can't Microsoft? Lol. Ah well, they have Tango now, but Silent Hill is a big brand, although I'd expect Sony Japan's Silent Hill will be far better than Bloober Team's Silent Hill.

Going to be interesting to see how that Sony SH game turns out with Team Siren leaving Japan Studio, if this happens then it could open that gates for Sony to get a MGS Exclusive game down the line as rumored.

shikamaru317 said:

MS definitely needs to timed hat the Bloober Silent Hill game if that does happen.

Why moneyhat what is certainly going to be the inferior SH.

If people compare them as exclusives and MS has a AA Silent Hill versus a AAA for Sony, that might hurt Xbox more. 

DeusXmachina said:
shikamaru317 said:

MS definitely needs to timed hat the Bloober Silent Hill game if that does happen.

Why moneyhat what is certainly going to be the inferior SH.

If people compare them as exclusives and MS has a AA Silent Hill versus a AAA for Sony, that might hurt Xbox more. 

Totally agree. Even if we stipulate that Bloober might be able to make a game with a more interesting story, mechanics, or is superior in other nuanced aspects of the design....a Sony exclusive SH, if absolutely nothing else, is going to have absolute top notch production values. You don't want that, as a PS exclusive, getting compared to a moneyhatted indie Xbox exclusive of the same name. Social media would have an absolute field day.