By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

👀

Jesus, 1 month?! I want Avowed but I really hope it doesn't launch that close to Starfield, for my own sanity, I think I would rush through Avowed if it was that close to Starfield and I don't want to burn myself out on RPGs, I think they need to space them a bit more than that.

If Starfield can actually make it, I would prefer Starfield in November 2022, Avowed in May 2023, Fable in November 2023. I think 6 months between each major RPG is a nice gap to avoid burnout and sprinkle other genres in the middle.

I doubt Avowed is going to be that big. Didn't they already confirm it is smaller than Skyrim by a good bit? If it's say 2x the size of The Outer Worlds (which sounds like a reasonable size for a new IP from a 100-130 developer team developed in 4 and a half years), I should still be able to beat it in 2-3 weeks before Starfield lands. If they can make September on Avowed, even better, but I don't know if they can. 

But I definitely don't want to see Starfield delayed into 2023, when it was already delayed by a whole year (unofficially at least). And I don't want to see Avowed delayed into 2023 either honestly, Xbox is going to need all of the AAA exclusives they can muster in 2022 to compete with Sony's 2022 AAA lineup of Horizon: Forbidden West, God of War 5, Gran Turismo 7, Forspoken, and Ghostwire Tokyo (who knows, Sony might even have a 6th AAA exclusive for 2022). So far Microsoft's 2022 has only 3 confirmed AAA exclusives/timed exclusives, STALKER 2, Redfall, and Starfield. They will need at least 2 more to compete against Sony's 5 AAA's, preferably 3 more for 6 MS vs 5 Sony. Forza Motorsport reboot should make 2022 to counter GT7, so that is good, but Hellblade 2 is looking like it won't make 2022 to counter God of War 5. So MS preferably needs to release at least 2 of these 3 AAA games in 2022: CrossFireX, Avowed, and Contraband. 

Tbf I wonder how much Xbox is focusing on these direct exclusive comparisons and not just on expanding gamepass and making sure the exclusives they do have are huge sucesses (like Starfield). I also wonder if all those PS exclusives will remain 2022

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
zero129 said:

Hopefully they are working on getting them games and backward compat working on PC Gamepass. Still sucks its taking them so long to make an xbox/360 emu for PC when Xania is showing them how its done :-/.

Unfortunately I think they won't do that anymore, I think they'll just shove all the 360 titles onto xCloud and consider that to be good enough, which Tbh, it wouldn't be, xCloud is years away from being viable and an official emulator on Windows Store would be vastly superior but I think they're just going to consider it to be not worth the effort.

That would be quite a cynical move. They've clearly got the goods to deliver back compat on many many more titles. 

The thing is, they've already enabled the emulation on most of the top-played 360 games. There are a few 'strategic' exceptions like GTA V and Fifa games, since they want to sell you the newest version, but generally the coverage is pretty good. Perhaps the next updates we'll see is configuring smart delivery to improve base resolutions in more of those games. My reasoning for this is that the BC team seem to spend a long time doing QA tests. The payoff to those man hours is better if you make Black Ops 2 4K than if you port Spongebob: Truth or Square for the three people who requested it. Especially in terms of legal issues which are already resolved for titles already in the programme. 

Spade said:

Man this place is deader than Noble's sex life on the weekend.

Yall lookin forward to the PS event? I know it's not Xbox related, but I'm assuming we'll see some multiplat games. Harry Potter I'm hoping. Wondering what Sony will show and maybe how MS will react.

No. I'll be cashing in my pension before any of the shown games release.

You could just use image search on Google if you just want to see everything as fast as possible from the world^^

shikamaru317 said:
TheWalrusCaesar said:

Tbf I wonder how much Xbox is focusing on these direct exclusive comparisons and not just on expanding gamepass and making sure the exclusives they do have are huge sucesses (like Starfield). I also wonder if all those PS exclusives will remain 2022

I definitely think Microsoft mainly cares about having a steady supply of Gamepass releases and making sure the games are good, as opposed to direct exclusive comparisons with Sony, but the fans online certainly care about the list wars, it'll be a bad look if Xbox can't at least match Sony's 5 AAA's for 2022, especially since Microsoft's 1st party is twice the size of Sony's. 

As for Sony's 5 AAA's for 2022, I could maybe see one of them being delayed into 2023, but we'll have to wait and see. Here is what we know about each of the 5:

• Horizon: Forbidden West- Began development most likely immediately after Horizon: Zero Dawn released in January 2017, so it will have 5 total years of development by it's planned February 2022 release. Should be safe from any delay, and definitely safe from a delay all the way into 2022
  • God of War 5/Ragnarok- Began development most likely as soon as God of War 4 released in April 2018, meaning that it should have 4 or more years of development if it releases after April 2022. Possible candidate for delay, but considering God of War 4 itself was made in 4 years, I would be surprised if they can't make God of War 5 in 4 and a half years or less, even with Covid issues.
  • Gran Turismo 7- Development began after GT Sport released October 2017. Because GT7 is designed to build off of the car and track list in GT Sport, alot of the work was already done even before 2017. Was already delayed once, from 2021 into 2022, likely safe from a 2nd delay into 2023. 
  • Ghostwire: Tokyo- Exact start of development is unknown, but rumored to have begun development in early 2017. Already delayed once, from 2021 into 2022, likely safe from a 2nd delay into 2023. 
  • Forspoken- Development began when Luminous Productions was founded in March 2018 primarily out of former members of the Final Fantasy XV dev team from Square Enix Business Division 2. However, the game saw some early leadership shake-ups when FFXV director Hajime Tabata quit Luminous Productions in October 2018, and Takeshi Aramaki replaced him as director on Forspoken. According to a Playstation video from CES 2021 earlier this year, Forspoken at the time was aiming for a January 2022 release, could the game be delayed all the way from January 2022 to 2023? Possible, but unlikely probably. 

Ah I see. Yeah then most of them will probably hit 2022. As u mentioned before a lot of them probably have counters from Microsoft so this probably won't be too big a problem for them unless Sony has a wildcard or 2 to unveil shortly, possibly at that showcase. If they do then I def agree that the pressure is on

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

You could just use image search on Google if you just want to see everything as fast as possible from the world^^

Or speed up the game.

Last batch of characters and maps for G5 (2 years after its release)

Maps:  Gears 4 Dawn and new map Village

Characters: Oscar/Alicia/Barrick and Judgements Rager.

So they released gameplay footage of Marvel's Midnight Suns. You might remember it as one of the better announcements at Gamescom.

Well it turns out it uses cards during combats. Not sure if that's the way to go. The "hype" I had for it definitely died down a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUjf788tHIo&t=230s

Ryuu96 said:

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries coming to PlayStation.

So damn confused about these FASA IP...I know that Microsoft owns the video game rights to all FASA IP and then licenses them out to other studios, including Piranha Games (MechWarrior) and Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun, Crimson Skies) but I suppose they're letting them do whatever they want with the IP and have no clauses about releasing on competing platforms.

It's weird, Phil speaks a lot about FASA IP but never really does anything with them, instead opting to license them out and having nothing to do with the production, funding, etc, basically acting like they don't own the IP at all but they do...Does this mean Harebrained could release Crimson Skies/MechAssault/Shadowrun on Playstation? It looks like it honestly.

It's just odd, for how much Phil goes on about FASA IP, they couldn't be any further distanced from them, Lol, it looks more like they want nothing to do with them...Despite regularly praising them and they even renewed the license in 2020 with Piranha so it ain't like this is some old clause biting them in the ass.

Imo, Phil should put his money where his mouth is, FASA IP shouldn't be licensed out, Xbox should actually be involved with funding (as of right now, Xbox provides zero funding with the license so that limits scope a little). Shadowrun, MechWarrior, Crimson Skies, etc, should be done under Xbox Game Publishing to bring them back in a big way.

Better yet, revive FASA with Jordan Weisman at the helm if he is willing and bring everything in house again or acquire Harebrained and Piranha Games if they can, Piranha can work on the Mech IPs (Warrior/Assault) and Harebrain can work on the rest (Crimson Skies, Shadowrun).

Shadowrun and the Mech IPs have massive potential to be turned into big AAA games, a proper Shadowrun RPG by Obsidian would be amazing.

So it looks like it is acquisition season for everyone but Xbox, Sony have acquired UK based studio FireSprite who are mainly known for VR games but are capable of making console games as well. Surprisingly they have nearly 300 staff.

If Sony announces BluePoint at the showcase then this will be their biggest expansion in memory with 4 studios this year.