By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Summer game fest announced a cyberpunk event for Jume 11th so it probably wont be shown in July.

Around the Network

So, seems like Sony event is in May probably

jason1637 said:
COD wont happen. Sony funded the Modern Warfare 2 remake.

I don't believe that story one bit. They gave Activision a tiny amount of money to make it exclusive for a very very short time.

Scorn posted on their Kickstarter page, Quite a good read https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1777595379/scorn-part-1-of-2-dasein/posts/2830766

"Why Xbox Series X?

It was a simple decision. Xbox Series X is very capable hardware (on par with high-end PCs) that will run the game at a technical standard of 4k60fps that we aim for Scorn. More so than the 4K resolution, having the game run at 60fps with a certain visual fidelity is imperative for us as developers.

Why Microsoft and why Xbox Series X exclusivity?

The authenticity of the game and being able to develop it as we conceptualized it is the highest priority. Before deciding to partner with Microsoft we made sure that they will not have any influence over the game's concept and development process. They were more than cooperative in that regard. The only thing they were interested in was exclusivity rights. Once all that was agreed upon it was a no brainer decision when you look at all the benefits Scorn will get from this partnership, from additional resources to much bigger exposure(marketing). It will certainly help us make Scorn a better, polished game in the end."

Would be cool if current gen games that run at 60fps like rocket league got a 120fps update for next gen.Idk if that will happen though because games might become unfair.

Around the Network

Wait Scorn is an exclusive? Was it the only exclusive shown?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

jason1637 said:
Would be cool if current gen games that run at 60fps like rocket league got a 120fps update for next gen.Idk if that will happen though because games might become unfair.

Considering people on PC already playing at 144fps 200+ even I don't think been unfair matters and Rocket League will certainly get a Series X update. Psyonix was actually on the developer logo sheet we saw.

John2290 said:
The graphics are a lot less impressive than I thought they'd be, There are ps4 Pro exclusives that look better than these games not to mention TLOU2 and GoT which look far more impressive and yes, I'm watching in 4k. I'm sure the XSX can fo far better and this is XB1X and XBO holding it back.

It's not so much that old consoles are holding back graphics, it's more that AC Valhalla was the only game with an AAA budget.

Given all Xbox exclusives are on PC, these “console exclusives” are actual exclusives given the same traits as 1st party.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Ryuu96 said:
WoodenPints said:

Scorn posted on their Kickstarter page, Quite a good read https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1777595379/scorn-part-1-of-2-dasein/posts/2830766

"Why Xbox Series X?

It was a simple decision. Xbox Series X is very capable hardware (on par with high-end PCs) that will run the game at a technical standard of 4k60fps that we aim for Scorn. More so than the 4K resolution, having the game run at 60fps with a certain visual fidelity is imperative for us as developers.

Why Microsoft and why Xbox Series X exclusivity?

The authenticity of the game and being able to develop it as we conceptualized it is the highest priority. Before deciding to partner with Microsoft we made sure that they will not have any influence over the game's concept and development process. They were more than cooperative in that regard. The only thing they were interested in was exclusivity rights. Once all that was agreed upon it was a no brainer decision when you look at all the benefits Scorn will get from this partnership, from additional resources to much bigger exposure(marketing). It will certainly help us make Scorn a better, polished game in the end."

Exclusivity rights? That doesn't sound timed...But XGP doesn't have anything to do with it, maybe a Cuphead situation?

I figured it was timed exclusive simply because it was being launched day one on Gamepass and that was in effect, acting as funding for the console port, so they are obviously focusing on Xbox first but this sounds like something more.

Am I reading the tweet right as in the game will be a launch day title? Or is it saying that Scorn will be on Series X when it launches

Edit: Also why are tweets broken all of a sudden :(