By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I never really played the perfect dark games so no fond memories with the franchise. Fable on the other hand, I own Fable 1-3, and played a few of the spinoff games like Fable heroes and Fable Legends beta. I love the Fable games, with Fable 2 being my favorite. I'm excited to see how both games turn out.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Ryuu96 said:
I hope the child can grow up in Fable IV to an adult and depending how you treated them will depend on what they do with their life...Like become an assassin to hunt you down.

How about dating your own children? It's called Xbox SeX for a reason.

You need some professional help dude..

Your gaming addiction is out of control I mean.

Since when did a protagonist being attractive become a good reason to be hyped for a game? lol

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:
Since when did a protagonist being attractive become a good reason to be hyped for a game? lol

What, you don't like eye candy while playing 3rd person games? If I'm going to look at a character's backside for 40 hours it had damn well better be an attractive backside It's why I play female characters when given a choice. 

I mean sure, everyone likes eye candy, but that's more of a bonus than a reason to get hyped xD

shikamaru317 said:

You really only need to know a few things about Perfect Dark to be hyped for the idea of a reboot. I've never played the originals and I'm hyped for the reboot:

-Both OG and prequel Joanna Dark are hot af, so I'm sure reboot Joanna will be as well

-The originals were set in the 2020's, a bit too close to modern day, so they'll likely skip the setting forward a few decades for the reboot, which brings it straight into Cyberpunk territory. If you you like Cyberpunk franchises like Cyberpunk 2020/2077, Deus Ex, Bladerunner, and Alita, you'd best get hyped for this Perfect Dark reboot. 

-The Perfect Dark reboot is most likely not a shooter like the originals. Microsoft's Ken Lobb was quoted quite several years back saying that it doesn't make much sense for MS to release a new Perfect Dark as a shooter when they already have 2 popular shooters franchises, Halo and Gears. He said it would make more sense to reboot the series as something more story driven, perhaps action-adventure or stealth.

-The Initiative has been hiring top notch devs from story driven 3rd person action-adventure studios like Rockstar, Crystal Dynamics, Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Guerilla Games, and Sony Santa Monica. The studio head was responsible for rebooting Tomb Raider, another 5th gen series with a female protagonist, as story driven action-adventure stealth. 

See Barozi? This is the more likely reason it's called Xbox SeX. 

Good points though but I hope it's not too stealth focused. 

Around the Network

Perfect Dark. Never played a Fable.

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

What, you don't like eye candy while playing 3rd person games? If I'm going to look at a character's backside for 40 hours it had damn well better be an attractive backside It's why I play female characters when given a choice. 

I prefer dudes, but I like girls too. All in all, I just want pretty faces, which is why one of my first acts once I downloaded TESV was to beautify the shit out of everything so I could either adventure as a bishounen or gorgeous gal. 

I still dream of the day I have a game where pretty boys and girls meet each other. 

DeusXmachina said:
sales2099 said:

The prospect of buying a house, marrying a prostitute, her having a child of a different ethnicity then me, forcing me to kill her because I won’t be cheated on by no NPC, and having child protective services take away the child....maybe that’s a little too niche compared to Perfect Dark ;)

That could happen in previous Fable games?

It happened to me a few times in Fable 2. Both parents white and the child was black. And it only happens when you married prostitutes. Something told me she didn’t just sleep with me lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Ryuu96 said:
trunkswd said:

2021 release? 

I was thinking, what if they give us an Everwild demo during their demo event? Might be too early but it would be cool.

That would be pretty neat, considering how little we know about it.

Everwild demo would make sense they probably already created it for people at E3 so might as well let people test it out from home.

I think Everwild will be the mid 2021 game as we know it's already confirmed for Xbox One like Halo Infinite and Flight Simulator but Hellblade II was only announced for Series X I think we will see something like this for the big games in the first year, Possibly a AA game and a AAA Global Publishing games through that first year also.

Something like this:
October - Flight Simulator PC
November 2020 - Halo Infinite / Xbox One/Series X / Forza Motorsport - Series X only
March 2021 Flight Simulator Xbox One/Series X
June 2021 - Everwild Xbox One/Series X
September 2021 - Forza Horizon 5 Xbox One/Series X
November 2021 Hellblade II Seriex X - (end of crossgen first party games)

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 02 May 2020