By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Anonymous1796 said:

Are you guys getting the Lockhart (so the cheaper one) or Series X? Although we don't know much about Lockhart. For myself I am getting the Series X because I will always get the most powerful console option available.

Series X.

I already have the money put away for it from a daft £2 football bet I had last year that came in and I don't even gamble normally but hah, I will also sell my PS4 Pro/X1X across the next 6 months which will likely cover the first couple years of my game spending and I already have Gamepass paid til March 2023 with enough Microsoft Reward points to buy another 12 months of Ultimate.

This next generation is going to be the cheapest ever for me mostly due to Gamepass probably saving me at least £300- 400 a year which in itself is a big reason I'm going for a Xbox at launch this time round.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
WoodenPints said:

Series X.

I already have the money put away for it from a daft £2 football bet I had last year that came in and I don't even gamble normally but hah, I will also sell my PS4 Pro/X1X across the next 6 months which will likely cover the first couple years of my game spending and I already have Gamepass paid til March 2023 with enough Microsoft Reward points to buy another 12 months of Ultimate.

This next generation is going to be the cheapest ever for me mostly due to Gamepass probably saving me at least £300- 400 a year which in itself is a big reason I'm going for a Xbox at launch this time round.

So I'm not the only one who uses Microsoft Rewards for Game Pass. I had 3 years of Gold due to MS Rewards and when I spent $1 on Game Pass Ultimate, all the Gold I had was automatically upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate. With the current sale on MS Rewards I was able to get a 3 month Ultimate code and a 1 month Ultimate code for a 30% discount. I would do more, but it says limit to 1 per customer/account. I'm basically good through December 2022 and with still getting more points should have no problem getting enough to last me through 2023 and possibly 2024.

Yeah I've done pretty well so far with Gamepass, I stacked 36 months of Gamepass (before Ultimate was a thing) for £3 each which with reward points back/currency cards cheaper than their value cost me £98 I then bought 12 months of Gamepass for £46 on Black Friday and then upgraded all that to Ultimate along with some months of Gold I had when the £1 deal came in I since bought 4 months on reward points and got 2 free from Rewards events and that has left me covered for the past 2 years and I still have the next 3 years to go.

Just to put that into perspective I'd of bought the Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5 Ultimate editions for £80 and £70 respectively which is roughly what the 5 years of Gamepass came to and that's without counting all the countless other games and more to come.

Edit: Actually you didn't get the full FH4 Ultimate but just the standard £50 version guess I can throw Ori 2 in to make it up :D

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 25 April 2020

Ryuu96 said:

Another fun fact: Gears 5 hovers around #10 on Xbox Game Pass but is #1 most played on PC GP. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Another fun fact: Gears 5 hovers around #10 on Xbox Game Pass but is #1 most played on PC GP. 

What are the others on Xbox? Because a lot of big recent games or popular games in general aren't on Game Pass for PC (Minecraft, GTA V, Kingdom Hearts 3, Nier Automata, Rocket League, The Witcher III, the full Halo MCC).

On the topic of Reward points does anyone know if this 50 points a day for earning an achievement is timed or just standard going forward?

Around the Network
Barozi said:
sales2099 said:

What are the others on Xbox? Because a lot of big recent games or popular games in general aren't on Game Pass for PC (Minecraft, GTA V, Kingdom Hearts 3, Nier Automata, Rocket League, The Witcher III, the full Halo MCC).

Mortal Kombat X, Sea of a Thieves, Halo 5/MCC, Doom, Human Fall Flat, among the games you listed.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

WoodenPints said:
On the topic of Reward points does anyone know if this 50 points a day for earning an achievement is timed or just standard going forward?

Seems like the new standard.
18250 points a year if done every day - not bad. I always do them on my main account but never on my gf's account (only if the weekly quest demands unlocking achievements).

It's probably not worth starting up the console and play a few minutes to gain an achievement only to earn ~€0.05 when you consider electricity costs.

Anonymous1796 said:

Are you guys getting the Lockhart (so the cheaper one) or Series X? Although we don't know much about Lockhart. For myself I am getting the Series X because I will always get the most powerful console option available.

I'll be getting Series X for sure. Just a question on whether that's at launch or not for me. 

Only getting a Series X at launch if it’s a Halo limited edition. Otherwise I’ll wait. If not they got me by the balls on this one.

Barozi said:
WoodenPints said:

Seems like the new standard.
18250 points a year if done every day - not bad. I always do them on my main account but never on my gf's account (only if the weekly quest demands unlocking achievements).

It's probably not worth starting up the console and play a few minutes to gain an achievement only to earn ~€0.05 when you consider electricity costs.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, it's a nice addition and probably equates to around 1000 more per month since you won't get it every day.