Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Microsoft Acquires Bethesda | Game Pass Reaches 15m Active Subscribers

Ryuu96 said:

The Outer Worlds - 2.8 million units

Not a great quarter for The Outer Worlds. Was at 2.5m in the May Take-Two financials. Means it only sold 300k in the quarter, even though the Switch port released that quarter. Clearly the poor optimization on the Switch port killed sales there. 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

A well polished turd, but still a turd. Give me a controller like these for xCloud gaming any day over touch controls:

Bottom one is the best, since the face buttons are above the right stick for muscle memory purposes. 

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

A well polished turd, but still a turd. Give me a controller like these for xCloud gaming any day over touch controls:

Bottom one is the best, since the face buttons are above the right stick for muscle memory purposes. 

I am pretty sure you can use an Xbox controller. Not sure how it will connect to the phone though. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

👀

My hypothesis is that Sony isn't leveraging ownership of Spider-Man (which they do not have) to keep him an exclusive character.

More likely it is that Avengers is a AAA game on competing platforms and Sony threw a bunch of money to keep the AAA Spider-Man realm associated with PlayStation consoles. The fact that this is a GaaS that is backwards compatible with/getting a next-gen update for PS5 means they expect people to buy it and base some degree of next-generation console purchasing decisions on that friends list and purchase.

If you guys are mad about this, I suggest saving some energy, because the next year will be a marathon of getting upset.

I do not know exactly what Microsoft is doing

I know Sony is doing this a lot

MS is aggressively pursuing exclusivity deals of their own, but so far many of them would just cost more than MS is willing to pay.

-

This is what I have heard.

-

Matt has heard they're rolling Gold into Gamepass ($9.99) and making F2P titles free for everyone. Honestly an awful idea, you're forcing non-Gamepass members who only want Gold to effectively pay double for their Gold by attaching it to something they may not even want, this is a PR disaster waiting to happen.

Also buckle up, it sounds like Sony has gone crazy on the moneyhats for 2021, honestly if true then I'm even more onboard with Microsoft buying WBIE, they need more studios if they have to compete with Sony's studios plus mass moneyhatting.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 03 August 2020

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

My hypothesis is that Sony isn't leveraging ownership of Spider-Man (which they do not have) to keep him an exclusive character.

More likely it is that Avengers is a AAA game on competing platforms and Sony threw a bunch of money to keep the AAA Spider-Man realm associated with PlayStation consoles. The fact that this is a GaaS that is backwards compatible with/getting a next-gen update for PS5 means they expect people to buy it and base some degree of next-generation console purchasing decisions on that friends list and purchase.

If you guys are mad about this, I suggest saving some energy, because the next year will be a marathon of getting upset.

MS is aggressively pursuing exclusivity deals of their own, but so far many of them would just cost more than MS is willing to pay.

-

-

Matt has heard they're rolling Gold into Gamepass ($9.99) and making F2P titles free for everyone. Honestly an awful idea, you're forcing non-Gamepass members who only want Gold to effectively pay double for their Gold by attaching it to something they may not even want, this is a PR disaster waiting to happen.

Also buckle up, it sounds like Sony has gone crazy on the moneyhats for 2021, honestly if true then I'm even more onboard with Microsoft buying WBIE, they need more studios if they have to compete with Sony's studios plus mass moneyhatting.

a. Microsoft needs to be willing to spend the big bucks on exclusivity if they want to compete. Sony is soon going to have 6 AAA 3rd party multiplat timed exclusives if the rumors hold true, compared to 0 for MS.

b. Doubling the price for online play is a great way to kill Xbox's appeal for casual players. While some of the games the casuals play are F2P and wouldn't require gamepass in that scenario, like Fortnite, Apex, CoD Battle Royale and Destiny 2, others they play aren't F2P and would require Gamepass for multiplayer, like non Battle Royale CoD, FIFA, Madden, NBA 2K, Minecraft, and GTA Online.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 03 August 2020

Hopefully they realise they need more studios, I'd rather they counter by continuing their acquisitions, in the long term it will benefit them more and I'm sure they will realise that hence why they aren't willing to spend so much on timed exclusives, we'll see how the WBIE deal goes since I think most other acquisitions will be put on hold if they're negotiating that one.

Never saw a gaming company as annoying as Sony right now. Like I said some days ago, they try to force people to buy a PS even if they don't want to. In a normal world all those (like half the Internet) who complained year after year about some small MS decisions which also sucked shouldn't buy a PS but well.... Not only Sony "fans" who complained about MS will buy a PS but even those who complain about Sony moneyhatting everything will buy one.

It will be like: "hey Sony, I hate what you do but I will buy a PS and your moneyhatted games to show you even more that it works".

And then MS still releases a game like Minecraft Dungeons on PS. Can't imagine how those from Sony can't stop laughing about their competition.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

-

-

a. Microsoft needs to be willing to spend the big bucks on exclusivity if they want to compete. Sony is soon going to have 6 AAA 3rd party multiplat timed exclusives if the rumors hold true, compared to 0 for MS.

b. Doubling the price for online play is a great way to kill Xbox's appeal for casual players. While some of the games the casuals play are F2P and wouldn't require gamepass in that scenario, like Fortnite, Apex, CoD Battle Royale and Destiny 2, others they play aren't F2P and would require Gamepass for multiplayer, like non Battle Royale CoD, FIFA, Madden, NBA 2K, Minecraft, and GTA Online.

What are the 6 rumored and or confirmed games? 

-FF 16
-Project Athia
-SF 6
-Silent Hill
-Bethesda
What else? 

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

We could do a bingo card for moneyhat predictions at this rate.

Low-key I'm changing my mind and saying Sony is gonna moneyhat Starfield too.