By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Probably a new batch of fps boost titles coming up xbox italy twitter posted this:

Around the Network

Haven’t played any of the AC games after Syndicate, not a fan of the new direction, might give Valhalla a try since AC Infinite sounds like it’s years away.

jason1637 said:

Haven’t played any of the AC games after Syndicate, not a fan of the new direction, might give Valhalla a try since AC Infinite sounds like it’s years away.

I played Origins and did like the new direction. I have yet to play another title in the series since thiugh and that was...2-3 years ago at this point.

I certainly miss the old direction. They were better off making a new IP. The "assassin" in assassins creed feels largely gone.

As someone who enjoys both the old and the new AC games, and knowing how risk averse the AAA business is by and large....I'm honestly baffled by the fact that Ubisoft doesn't just double dip, and go forward making both styles of AC. Hell, if we're being honest, the new RPG style AC games don't even actually need to be called AC to begin with. The reason they keep doing gangbuster numbers, breaking franchise sales records isn't because AC as a franchise just keeps getting better and better. It's because a huge chunk of the audience for these new games don't give a lick about the core that defines any kind of faithful AC game. They just wanna play big massive open world RPGs in cool time periods. Nothing wrong with that. But the name on the box doesn't have to read AC for these games to sell.

Keep making period piece RPGs, call them whatever the fuck, free yourself up from the AC story and lore confinements that most of the people playing don't care about, and just have fun with it.

Then have another team working the old school, actual AC games, where instead of mostly tapdancing around all the elements that made AC popular to begin with, you lean into them fully, and satisfy another large audience that's been starved for this type of game for over half a decade now.

You could so easily turn one mega hit franchise into 2 here, and almost everybody imaginable would be happy about it.

And we're only just over half way too.

Around the Network

So what was the big xbox news that insiders were teasing?

shikamaru317 said:

Pretty good performance considering how insanely hardware intensive this game is. 4K on Series X, 1080p on Series S, FPS ranging between 35 and 60 depending on how demanding the scene is if you have a VRR monitor, will lock to 30 fps if you don't have VRR. Wonder what the graphics settings are, Digital Foundry previously speculated that they would use the high preset across the board on Xbox, as ultra is too demanding even for high end PC hardware, but this new world update greatly improves performance (up to 60% increase in framerate on PC), allowing roughly 60 fps at Ultra settings on a GTX 2060 Super (a much weaker card than you needed for 60 fps on Ultra before), so maybe we will get a mix of high and ultra on Xbox Series X, that would be nice. 

They also say that they are still working on getting the game on Xbox One, but it will be via xCloud rather than a native port. 

wow, I thought it would be 30FPS only. I'm very excited about FS on Xbox. Want to play this on my 86'' in the living room! Will be lovely.
I'm waiting to buy the Premium Deluxe tho, I want to know if the licence will be the same for both (I believe so but few games from MS are still not like The Outer World where you need to buy it on both, and if I need to do that, I want to buy on Xbox where I will play it the most when it finally come out.

Imaginedvl said:

wow, I thought it would be 30FPS only. I'm very excited about FS on Xbox. Want to play this on my 86'' in the living room! Will be lovely.
I'm waiting to buy the Premium Deluxe tho, I want to know if the licence will be the same for both (I believe so but few games from MS are still not like The Outer World where you need to buy it on both, and if I need to do that, I want to buy on Xbox where I will play it the most when it finally come out.

Well The Outer Worlds is published by Take Two so that shouldn't come as a surprise.

Barozi said:
Imaginedvl said:

Well The Outer Worlds is published by Take Two so that shouldn't come as a surprise.

Oh that would explain it yes :) Will still wait for the Xbox version to confirm that it is the same licence but this is def. giving me hopes! 
There are other games like that but I think they are probably in the same boat, never really connected the 2 dots but it makes sense. 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.