By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Loving Infinites campaign thus far but hearing all these tidbits of information about the battles versus Cortana following Halo 5 sounds a lot more interesting than the story Infinite is telling. 

Around the Network
Angelus said:

That's weird. I started the campaign download when I was about 2Gb into the MP update, and I didn't have to re-install the whole game

Same here. My download cratered a couple of times but it went smooth and fast mostly.

Played the first mission and part of the second. Very nice opening level.

Game has buggy chievos....I'm having MCC flashbacks lol

Halo Infinite is amazing! I'm not that far in yet, but from what I've seen and heard, jaw dropping. I'm playing on Heroic and am a bit rusty myself in finger gymnastics on a keyboard, so Masterchief is dying quite a lot lol. Doesn't matter, it saves often, reloads in a couple sec, perfect.

It's a bit choppy during cut scenes, maybe they don't scale well to a 144 hz display as otherwise everything is fluent (targeting 72 fps) and looks great. I did turn screen shake and blur off as that got tiring rather quickly. Now it looks pristine. Looking forward to stepping outside.

Put in 5 hours into the campaign. Really fun. No issues during the start.

Stepping into the open world however performance takes a big hit. Also some bugs where i clear the enemy camps/distress signals and it still shows unfinished. So minor bugs and performance issues (ofcourse will depend on what kind of pc you have but even better than mine are struggling a bit).

Needs optimization and slightly more polish.

Around the Network

I'm close to getting to the surface but of course there had to be a boss battle. I guess I'll lower the difficulty as I'm not getting anywhere, only out of ammo lol. I suck.

Hmm, crap, that's places you a whole way back :(

Same here, I made it outside and fps is taking a big hit. Pretty juddery now, not able to maintain 72 fps anymore, dropping far back.

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 09 December 2021

SvennoJ said:

I'm close to getting to the surface but of course there had to be a boss battle. I guess I'll lower the difficulty as I'm not getting anywhere, only out of ammo lol. I suck.

Hmm, crap, that's places you a whole way back :(

Same here, I made it outside and fps is taking a big hit. Pretty juddery now, not able to maintain 72 fps anymore, dropping far back.

Your grapple hook is your best friend when fighting that boss. If you want more strats I can help you with that.

VGC should keep posting Phil Spencer articles considering how much traffic they generate lmao

Downloaded the Halo Infinite campaign but will wait it play it tomorrow on Heroic.

VersusEvil said:

So I just got to the surface, went behind me and found this, it says press to activate but when I did nothing happened, any ideas? :P

Something cool will happen in 6 months I bet.