Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Microsoft Acquires Bethesda | Game Pass Reaches 15m Active Subscribers

Most Wanted Remake/Remaster?

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind 7 21.21%

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 2 6.06%

Fallout 3 0 0.00%

Fallout: New Vegas 5 15.15%

Halo 3 3 9.09%

Gears 2 1 3.03%

Fable II 1 3.03%

Lost Odyssey 7 21.21%

Banjo-Kazooie 2 6.06%

Other 5 15.15%

Total:33
AsGryffynn said:
Angelus said:
lol if I'm MS, the only way Sony gets Bethesda games now is if Sony stops all their moneyhatting across the landscape. If not....no toys for you. At least not for a year or so on everything.

I am fine with timed exclusivity. What I'm not fine with is releasing on PS5 with no concessions whatsoever. 

I've been giving this more thought, and what I think I would do in MS' position, is strongarm Sony into putting some of their own exclusives on Xbox, in exchange for continued access to huge franchises like Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc. If Sony wants those games on to be on their platform moving forward, make them reciprocate by offering something like Spiderman, and God of War to Xbox gamers. 

Around the Network

fuck it tomorrow is going to be even bigger

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Hello I have a question. I get the feeling that Microsoft’s goal is to get their games to every device (if it’s possible). That everyone can use the Gamepass’ vast library. Does this mean that strategy games like Age of Empires will become available on Xbox Series S/X?

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Stellar_Fungk said:
Hello I have a question. I get the feeling that Microsoft’s goal is to get their games to every device (if it’s possible). That everyone can use the Gamepass’ vast library. Does this mean that strategy games like Age of Empires will become available on Xbox Series S/X?

I don't see why not. The only real hang up here is controls, but even there, you could get around it with keyboard and mouse support.

Angelus said:
Stellar_Fungk said:

I don't see why not. The only real hang up here is controls, but even there, you could get around it with keyboard and mouse support.

My thought exactly!

Come on MS bring your strategy games to console!

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network
Stellar_Fungk said:

I seriously hope they won't waste the opportunity and port them over.

Keyboard and mouse support is possible (and the obvious choice if you wanna play them) but they'd need to make a control scheme for regular controllers. Doubt they will release it without one. They could've done this already on Xbox One but didn't. Hope the reason for that is all the work for AoE IV and the remasters.

Games like C&C and Halo Wars proved that it can work.

Also another thing to keep in mind. They absolutely need to add controller support to these games, otherwise there wouldn't be a point in adding them to xCloud.

Last edited by Barozi - on 22 September 2020

Wait so MS is looking to buy another studio? lol.

Congrats to the Euro Xbots here! Wish us Murica peeps some luck.. it's going to be rough.

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

kirby007 said:

im going to hop into a store on launch day and get one without preorder, thats the main benefit living in Sonyland

BTW MS has still 42.5 B leftover from not getting tiktok could buy a few big boys with that

Not quite, I mean if we're talking what they have overall, it's more like $136 billion but had $25 billion set aside in purchase commitments for this fiscal year, which I believe is July 2020 - July 2021.

7.5/25 down, I'm not sure if TikTok was apart of that planned spending though, if it was it likely would have taken up the vast majority. Idk what they'll do now, likely just leave the money in the bank.

Ryuu96 said:
kirby007 said:

im going to hop into a store on launch day and get one without preorder, thats the main benefit living in Sonyland

BTW MS has still 42.5 B leftover from not getting tiktok could buy a few big boys with that

Not quite, I mean if we're talking what they have overall, it's more like $136 billion but had $25 billion set aside in purchase commitments for this fiscal year, which I believe is July 2020 - July 2021.

7.5/25 down, I'm not sure if TikTok was apart of that planned spending though, if it was it likely would have taken up the vast majority. Idk what they'll do now, likely just leave the money in the bank.

how much would sega go for

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Ryuu96 said:

how much would sega go for

Lol, erm, $3bn minimum, have to pay above market cap (Idk how much above, likely $4bn-$5bn, maybe more).

We should take into account that to this day, Xbox has never acquired a public company and remember that Zenimax was a private one, I'm still unsure if Xbox ever would acquire a public company because they are a lot more complicated but I didn't think Microsoft would acquire a publisher so who knows!

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 September 2020