By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Forza Horizon 5 is the Biggest First Week in Xbox History | Xbox Cloud Gaming Launches on Xbox Series and Xbox One Consoles | Halo Infinite MP Launches Now | 20 Years of Xbox & Halo

Favourite Spartan AI in Halo Infinite

Circ 4 44.44%

Butler 0 0%

Fret 1 11.11%

Lumu 4 44.44%

Total:9
Dulfite said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, people are pissed on Waypoint and I assume the reddit is the same. I have also seen lots of Youtubers making videos criticizing the greed of the event. 343 needs to get their monetization model in check asap, they are going to lose alot of people if they don't.

For starters, store pricing needs to be lowered, today we have $18 for an armor set and stance, $13 for a daisho sword set and some emblems, $9 for a gun color/barrel attachment/shuriken ornament/nameplate background bundle, and $6 for an armor color and some shoulder pads. You can buy whole ass AAA games in the current Xbox Black Friday sale for less than some of these Halo cosmetic bundles. We should never be paying more than maybe $8 for any cosmetic bundle in the store.

Then they need to add some free way to get store credits, like maybe 5-10 credits per daily challenge and 15-25 per weekly challenge depending on the difficulty of the weekly. 

Then they need to do a rethink on the whole weekly challenges thing with needing to do all weeklies to get free cosmetics, as the weeklies are currently forcing playstyles on people that they don't like, that will drive people away real quick. Weeklies should feel like an optional thing to progress faster, not a chore that forces you to play Halo like 25 hours in a week to unlock a cosmetic.

They are cosmetics, not essential. You can unlock free cosmetics by playing for free. No one is forcing you to buy those paid ones. They probably base pricing on what MMOs do with their cosmetic stores. If you can't afford then don't buy. If enough don't buy they will lower their prices, simple as that.

I continue to think the same thing.  All these cosmetics stuff is always priced high at first so that when they go on sale it seems more reasonable.  Why even care at this point, once the game release from Beta, MS will have all those nice little special sales if you truly want to throw your money away on this gunk.  I know I probably am in the minority but I cannot remember once ever caring about purchasing this stuff, what keeps me playing any MP is the MP, not any of this cosmetic items I get bored with after using it for a few moments.

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:
KiigelHeart said:

Not trying to defend of excuse 343 for their shitty battle pass, customization options and predatoty mtx-practises, but the game itself isn't a wank :P best and most fun to play 1st person shooter I've ever played so that's the point.

That's the wank I was referring too :L

Is it not still in beta.  Really cosmetic jank is todays crack for most of you.  Call me in 3 months and lets see how it all shape out.  Since this is their first F2P, I am sure they will find the right balance but then again, its not like the variety in Halo MP for cosmetic is great to begin with.  As long as they keep the gameplay fun and engaging, the fluff stuff can be sorted whenever.

agreed, I have been ignoring battle passes and additional transmog transactions since they became a thing, couldn't be more happier. expecially when other rage about them

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Machiavellian said:
VersusEvil said:

That's the wank I was referring too :L

Is it not still in beta.  Really cosmetic jank is todays crack for most of you.  Call me in 3 months and lets see how it all shape out.  Since this is their first F2P, I am sure they will find the right balance but then again, its not like the variety in Halo MP for cosmetic is great to begin with.  As long as they keep the gameplay fun and engaging, the fluff stuff can be sorted whenever.

Eeeh ... I'd rather 343 give me meaningful progression instead of trying to ram a pink unicorn gun skin in my ass. 

Ride The Chariot

Around the Network

Meanwhile, The Doc is like, hey this looks nice and this looks fine...Buy buy buy in the Halo store XD

Well, I guess IGN didn't want to wait, Lol.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer Review - IGN

@shikamaru317 STOP THE COUNT

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 4 days ago

Seriously, people are spending more time complaining about cosmetic stuff and how they want it all for free/without having to play too much, than actually... playing the damn game... You guys are missing out a lot of great MP action :)
Meanwhile, got a 9 from Stella on IGN :) Very well deserved!

Did 343 not embargo the multiplayer? Lol. It's a bit odd considering they're calling it an Open Beta (and I know this is basically everything for launch but it IS missing modes that will be available on Dec 8th, we know that because there's an achievement for a missing mode) so I would find it odd if 343 didn't set an embargo, Lol.