By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
smroadkill15 said:

343 decides to throw a surprise weekly challenge when you complete all the others which is annoying. Then add to the fact getting anything above a killing spree of 5 only counts as one spree for the challenge is a wtf decision. I have to let myself die to keep progressing. What kind of ass backwards logic is this? The challenge is getting 5 killing sprees in fiesta, so why doesn't it count towards the event? Ranting a bit, but I'm really annoyed with this design choice.

Yeah, alot of people were really annoyed with the ultimate challenge this week, lots of threads on waypoint with lots of posts in each complaining about it. I personally got it in about 2-3 hours, but it seems like quite alot of people have struggled to get 5 killing sprees. Hopefully 343 makes some radical changes to the progression and challenges soon. Pricing as well, they really need to discount all types of store bundles by at least 50%, so that the full armor set bundles drop from $18 to $9 at most. And then make slow store credit earning possible in-game. 

Oh I'm sure there are lot of threads about it. I don't visit the Waypoint forum very often because I can't stand the community at times, but can't knock them for being pissed about the current challenges/progression. 

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
smroadkill15 said:

343 decides to throw a surprise weekly challenge when you complete all the others which is annoying. Then add to the fact getting anything above a killing spree of 5 only counts as one spree for the challenge is a wtf decision. I have to let myself die to keep progressing. What kind of ass backwards logic is this? The challenge is getting 5 killing sprees in fiesta, so why doesn't it count towards the event? Ranting a bit, but I'm really annoyed with this design choice.

I'm pretty sure I got two killing sprees towards the challenge for getting 10 kills without dying. But man did I struggle to get 5 sprees, got to point I never want to play Fiesta again even though I liked it at first. Always got hit by a rocket or something after 4 kills. Energy sword + grapple eventually did the trick.

Fiesta was good for other gun related challenges.

And then it was 3 days with only 50xp per match :P yeah they need to re-think this whole thing, recycle it through Chief's armor.

So it might be a bug? That's even worse lol. It should at least show the ultimate weekly challenge with the rest of them so I could have set myself up for it, or even better, let players work towards the ultimate weekly challenge with the rest of the challenge so it's not nearly as much of a grind. 

The amount of times I have died with 4 kills is annoying af. I normally love Fiesta, but this makes me not want to keep playing either. At least let me play other modes to get it lol. I guess I have to grind it out today because all this time getting through the weekly challenges to not complete the last challenge will piss me off even more lol. 

smroadkill15 said:
KiigelHeart said:

I'm pretty sure I got two killing sprees towards the challenge for getting 10 kills without dying. But man did I struggle to get 5 sprees, got to point I never want to play Fiesta again even though I liked it at first. Always got hit by a rocket or something after 4 kills. Energy sword + grapple eventually did the trick.

Fiesta was good for other gun related challenges.

And then it was 3 days with only 50xp per match :P yeah they need to re-think this whole thing, recycle it through Chief's armor.

So it might be a bug? That's even worse lol. It should at least show the ultimate weekly challenge with the rest of them so I could have set myself up for it, or even better, let players work towards the ultimate weekly challenge with the rest of the challenge so it's not nearly as much of a grind. 

I was working night shift during weekend and knew my brother was grinding event challenges because he was constantly bitching on watsapp about 5 killing sprees on Fiesta. 

Around 4am he sent a message "phew, finally it's done".. couple of minutes later followed with "MOTHERF*****!!!" 

lol the poor bastard had two of these challenges. I wonder if anyone was pleasantly surprised by this hidden challenge.

Last edited by KiigelHeart - on 29 November 2021

The 5 kill spree challenge wasn’t that bad for me, you just had to time your engagement when you either spawned or picked up power weapons.

Energy Sword was the easiest it’s super overpowered in this game when combined with Thrust/Grapplehook.

Managed to beat Haven before it was taken off Gamepass, 7/10 it was ok.

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:

The 5 kill spree challenge wasn’t that bad for me, you just had to time your engagement when you either spawned or picked up power weapons.

Energy Sword was the easiest it’s super overpowered in this game when combined with Thrust/Grapplehook.

I'm more upset about how they implemented the challenge than the challenge itself. Getting Killing Sprees isn't that hard, but how they saved it for the last challenge is annoying, along with it being a "Surprise" challenge. 

EspadaGrim said:

Managed to beat Haven before it was taken off Gamepass, 7/10 it was ok.

I just beat Call of the Sea for the same reason.  It was pretty good, 7.5/10 for me.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

I just completed the challenge and got the coating. Thanks for the suggestion of using sword with grabbling hook. Made things go way faster.

Upgraded to a 165hz monitor this black Friday and have been playing halo at 120fps. I'm blown away, haven't ever felt gameplay this smooth. Is there a list of 120fps supported games?

jason1637 said:

Upgraded to a 165hz monitor this black Friday and have been playing halo at 120fps. I'm blown away, haven't ever felt gameplay this smooth. Is there a list of 120fps supported games?

Congrats!!! You can never go back to 60fps gameplay lol this was the only list I could find. It's only a month old though!

List of Xbox Series X, Series S games with 120 FPS | Windows Central