By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer: PS5 and Xbox Series X Spec Leak.

setsunatenshi said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/next-gen-ps5-next-xbox-ot-speculation-analysis-leaks-thread.1480978/page-457#post-256378561

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/next-gen-ps5-next-xbox-ot-speculation-analysis-leaks-thread.1480978/page-460#post-256382410

don't know him, is he a reputable insider? i also share his opinion, just hope he has more than a feeling, like i do

People seem to trust him over there. And I believe they ban people if they fail vetting. He also said he was willing to put up a bet against a MS insider.

Trumpstyle said:

The 9.2TF number IS BACK FROM THE DEAD.

Eurogamer made a mistake in their analysis, there is a test showing 530GB/s memory bandwidth which matches the FLUTE leak. But I think Sony is only using 18 Gbps pins for their devkit, retail will be lower. Do we now have enough info to make 1 final prediction that will nail it all down:

Lockhart: 4TF GPU (1737mhz, 18CU), 12GB Vram 128-bit bus, 224GB/s Memory speed, Disc-less, $250

PS5: 9.2TF GPU (2ghz, 36CU), 16GB Vram 256-bit bus, 448GB/s Memory speed + 4-6GB DDR4, $400

Xbox S X: 12TF GPU (1803mhz, 52CU), 16GB Vram 320bit bus, 560GB/S Memory bandwidth, $500

They all will have 8Core zen2 CPU and 1TB SSD at NVMe speed. The GPU will be custom RDNA1 and they be using tsmc 7nm EUV.

I think Microsoft is making a big mistake having lockhart without a disc-drive as the demand for disc-less console is probably minimun and they probably will be forced to lower the price on Xbox Series X to $450 as for $500 this is not a good deal.

Technically, it's not back. This is old info. It's just that a data miner found proof that they were testing it on GitHub. This could be back from when Sony was planning on releasing in 2019 and have changed specs. Insiders have hinted this to be the case.

And is this the 3rd or 4th final prediction?

Last edited by thismeintiel - on 01 January 2020

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
setsunatenshi said:

don't know him, is he a reputable insider? i also share his opinion, just hope he has more than a feeling, like i do

People seem to trust him over there. And I believe they ban people if they fail vetting. He also said he was willing to put up a bet against a MS insider.

yeah apparently he's pretty confident in his sources, that's great to see. i won't run back on my previous statements, such a performance gap would be completely miserable to take and i'm not entirely sure i would get the console at launch (which i have always done before)

fingers crossed some more info comes at ces 2020

Can't wait to buy PS5 cause just like in 2009 and 2014 i will buy my non-Nintendo console based on the games it has and not the amount power

Why would you use a 320bit bus for 16GByte ram??? There is no reason at all to use such an awkward solution, every additional bus interface adds unnecessary problems to your design.

thismeintiel said:

Trumpstyle said:
-

Technically, it's not back. This is old info. It's just that a data miner found proof that they were testing it on GitHub. This could be back from when Sony was planning on releasing in 2019 and have changed specs. Insiders have hinted this to be the case.

Hehe I've made way to many predictions :) hope this will be the last one. Something strong like an insider saying they know with 100% certainty that the retail PS5 will be above 10TF can change my mind.

drkohler said:

Why would you use a 320bit bus for 16GByte ram??? There is no reason at all to use such an awkward solution, every additional bus interface adds unnecessary problems to your design.

That's pretty obvious, they wanna push the TF number so high as they can, cutting back Vram makes sense. It looks like they are indeed gonna be using FLEX MODE. 10GB fast Vram and 3GB Slow Vram for games, total 13GB. The slow Vram will be shared between the CPU and the GPU, apparently this don't need fast Vram so shouldn't be much of an issue, but this is not my area.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
melbye said:
Can't wait to buy PS5 cause just like in 2009 and 2014 i will buy my non-Nintendo console based on the games it has and not the amount power

Cart before the horse? You don't know what games Xbox will have next-gen yet. They've been buying studios like crazy, and are building 2 studios from the ground up. Multiple new IP's in development. 

I know xbox won't have Spider-Man 2 and the God of War sequel

thismeintiel said:

Only three or four? So he’s one or two behind your “MS will exit hardware after this” prediction? 

Trumpstyle said:
drkohler said:

That's pretty obvious, they wanna push the TF number so high as they can, cutting back Vram makes sense. It looks like they are indeed gonna be using FLEX MODE. 10GB fast Vram and 3GB Slow Vram for games, total 13GB.

You are not making any sense. To get to 16G on a 320bit bus, You'd install:

6 2G chips on 3 controllers, 4 1G chips on 2 controllers.

This means you'd spend a lot of money on 5 instead of only 4 controllers on the die (unlike 8 2G chips like on the PS5), you preorder a "small" mixture of 2G and 1G chips instead of a single, large order of 2G chips (again adding costs, and bureaucracy on top of it). If the XSX has indeed a 320 bit bus (which is not out of possibility, as people seem to see 10 ram chips on the dev unit), it would be 10 2G chips for a total of 20GBytes. Then if you wished you could work your ways into splitting the system into a partially divided cpu/gpu memory access structure but I highly doubt this would make any sense.

And lastly, high TFlop numbers always mean high memory bandwidth, so you'd want as wide a bus as possible (particularly since ray tracing is a serious burden on the bus).

So $500 PS5 and $600 Series X. Assuming these are accurate.

Trumpstyle said:

The 9.2TF number IS BACK FROM THE DEAD.

Not really. Don't hold weight to any rumor.

Trumpstyle said:

They all will have 8Core zen2 CPU and 1TB SSD at NVMe speed.

NVMe speed? That is a broad statement... And a useless one at that too.
It could be 50MB/s it could be 2,500MB/s... So which is it?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--