By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Teens lured gay men on Grindr, tied them up, and urinated on them - UK

LurkerJ said:
Moren said:

I'm sure, knowing OP, thread was made with good intentions and healthy discussion in mind.

Likewise, I'm beyond certain this is not any kind of attempt of veiled islamophobia and anti-immigrant nationalism.

Lots of labels and terms, mostly used incorrectly.

After casually reminding you that this was posted in the political section of the forums, I would like to know what kind of discussions is NOT supposed to be sparked? It's only unhealthy when we're smearing each other with meaningless labels. I purposefully posed the article and embedded a previous discussion in the OP once I read this part: 

"The defendants targeted the victims in this case because they believed they would be too ashamed of their sexual orientation to provide evidence to the police and court," Michael Disney, of the CPS, said. 

It is interesting to figure out what kind of environments these "teens" were brought up in, what schools they went to, and even what kind of parenting they had. Because possessing this amount of grey-matter-damaging homophobia that leads you to commit repeated ill-planned crimes in a group of 3 should not be glossed over as just another homophobic attack.

It's one thing to commit these crimes, but it's a whole different matter to commit them foolishly in a group of 3. I also wondered, reading the news, if telling children stories that are inclusive of same-gender parents decrease the public levels of homophobia seen in Birmingham and across the country or not. 

Many Muslims in the UK are raised in a religious atmosphere similar to the one Christians were raised in 20 years ago . If you didn't know, religions aren't huge fans of the whole pee pee in the poo poo thing. Parents have a right to decide what they want their children to be taught at school.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
DaAndy said:
And here in germany it would have been like "they had a bad childhood" and "they have kind of mental illness and are not fully responsible for what they are doing" and whatnot reasons would have been searched and used to make their punishment as low as possible. They probably would not have even went to prison, because here it is less about punishing, but more about kind of "getting them back onto the right track"...

I'm all for rehabilitation but damn... 

Jail time is deserved. All 3 of them are so far off the right track it's not funny. 

Moren said:
LurkerJ said:

After casually reminding you that this was posted in the political section of the forums, I would like to know what kind of discussions is NOT supposed to be sparked? It's only unhealthy when we're smearing each other with meaningless labels. I purposefully posed the article and embedded a previous discussion in the OP once I read this part: 

"The defendants targeted the victims in this case because they believed they would be too ashamed of their sexual orientation to provide evidence to the police and court," Michael Disney, of the CPS, said. 

It is interesting to figure out what kind of environments these "teens" were brought up in, what schools they went to, and even what kind of parenting they had. Because possessing this amount of grey-matter-damaging homophobia that leads you to commit repeated ill-planned crimes in a group of 3 should not be glossed over as just another homophobic attack.

It's one thing to commit these crimes, but it's a whole different matter to commit them foolishly in a group of 3. I also wondered, reading the news, if telling children stories that are inclusive of same-gender parents decrease the public levels of homophobia seen in Birmingham and across the country or not. 

Those are indeed in-depth topics to talk about...

... that said, you have a long history of incendiary topics without good intentions (thanks for linking your last thread that was locked for the same reason btw!). It's not particularly creative to take a story of a random incident, appear unbiased, and try and push your real agenda.

Only takes a bit of common sense to know what kind of user you are. At least don't be a hypocrite.

More labels...

The thread I linked actually generated a healthy discussion. It's not unusual for political threads to be locked after they've run their course.... and If you think that a nation-wide protest against stories inclusive of same-gender couples is a "random incident" then it might be interesting to know where you live. Not to mention, I have already explained why the story regarding these 3 teens isn't random (explained above in bold).

You're not backing up your smears with any proper examples so far. I am genuinely wondering what incidents you're referring to. 

Last edited by LurkerJ - on 27 December 2019

Pyro as Bill said:

Interestingly, this is the same English city in which wide-spread protests took place opposing harmless stories featuring same-gender stories told at British schools. 

Surely it's debatable how harmless the stories are given the West has banned them for 99% of it's existence.

Western history isn't one to be looked at with pride anyway. Its 99% of its existence shouldn't be relevant. What is more debatable, however, is how harmful it is to teach children a particular religions and push it as the ultimate truth. 

Pyro as Bill said:
LurkerJ said:

Many Muslims in the UK are raised in a religious atmosphere similar to the one Christians were raised in 20 years ago . If you didn't know, religions aren't huge fans of the whole pee pee in the poo poo thing. Parents have a right to decide what they want their children to be taught at school.

Yeah, I was never on board with that. "We're the parents, we know what's best for our child" is a phrase often uttered but rarely earned. Just why do all parents think they know better anyway? because they had sex and a soul was created?

Sex is literally one of the most primitive instincts there is, all mindless creatures on earth can do it and proliferate as a result just fine. Humans need to do more to earn the right to shape growing innocent minds. "But we had primitive sex and gave birth to them!" should not be enough to grant all parents the power over dependent & helpless children. 

I don't know who I trust less though, the people or the government, but when it comes to exposing children to every healthy form of relationships a civilized society can have at an early age, go ahead. 

Last edited by LurkerJ - on 26 December 2019

Should have gotten death sentence. Causing harm to those who just want to live their lives without hurting anyone is a hideous crime against the human species.

Around the Network

Grindr already had a well known murderer using the service, not sure why people use them.

Middle one looks gay tbh, they prolly all are... Glad justice was served. Self-loathing/hate can make people do horrible things.

Ka-pi96 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Parents have a right to decide what they want their children to be taught at school.

They have a right to have an opinion, that's all. And if their opinion is idiotic then they should expect it to be rejected and possibly even mocked.

"He who pays the piper calls the tune" 

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Poliwrathlord said:
Sensing strong gay vibes from all three of them.

Knowing what Grindr is, seducing men, meeting them and showing your genitalia don't have to mean you have gay vibes you know

Karma is a bitch (prison sex).

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.