By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Rise of Skywalker was awesome - FIGHT ME! (spoiler free)

Well i'm happy that more people seem to enjoy it compared to The Last Jedi and maybe i will enjoy it too whenever i decide to watch it but i do remain very sceptical atm.

Around the Network

I honestly didn't like it. Though out the movie I was waiting to see the reason why they named it "The Rise of Skywalker" and when it finally happened at the end I was disappointed.. The action was good and all but that did not outweigh the parts I find underwhelming. I should've watched "Jumanji: The Next Level" instead.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
I honestly didn't like it. Though out the movie I was waiting to see the reason why they named it "The Rise of Skywalker" and when it finally happened at the end I was disappointed.. The action was good and all but that did not outweigh the parts I find underwhelming. I should've watched "Jumanji: The Next Level" instead.

As soon as the title was annouced, a ton of people guessed Rey would adopt the Skywalker name. The argument was so good, i totally expected it.

d21lewis said:
deskpro2k3 said:

As soon as the title was annouced, a ton of people guessed Rey would adopt the Skywalker name. The argument was so good, i totally expected it.

I was hoping Rey would've been born from the force like Anakin Skywalker, but..

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 29 December 2019

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
shikamaru317 said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

I assumed the First Order became part of the Final Order.

^This. The First Order joined Palpatine to become the Final Order. When Kylo turned back to the light side during his duel with Rey on the Ocean Moon of Endor (Kef Bir), Palpatine contacted Allegiant General Pryde via hologram and informed Pryde that Kylo had betrayed them, and Pryde, as the highest ranking General in the First Order, pledged the First Order to Palpatine to become part of the Final Order. That is why Pryde and the Knights of Ren were working for Palpatine during the final battle. 

Thanks for reminding me about how the First Order became part of the Final Order. :)

Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:
DarthJarvis said:

Exactly. The one thing the prequels did right is lightsabers. No matter how bad the films were the lightsabers are still fun in those. The sequels they are butchered a d just infuriating 

Depends. I do Historical European Martial Arts and I find the lightsaber combat in the sequels to be much more satisfying. Yes, the prequels are much more flashy, but the lightsaber combat in the sequels is much more visceral and closer how you would actually use a sword or saber.

What do you make of the following video's assessment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irvU09MM-l4

KLAMarine said:
WolfpackN64 said:

Depends. I do Historical European Martial Arts and I find the lightsaber combat in the sequels to be much more satisfying. Yes, the prequels are much more flashy, but the lightsaber combat in the sequels is much more visceral and closer how you would actually use a sword or saber.

What do you make of the following video's assessment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irvU09MM-l4

I like Shad, but he's very biased against the sequels. First the training montage. Yes Rey's stance is terrible there, but she's litteraly just trying stuff out. In the combat scene he dissects afterwards, her stance is actually just as it should be (leaning a bit more to one side) and her general attack pattern is as it should (in an x shape). That they had to employ some reverse ninja theory (more enemies mean less competent enemies in a fight) in that fight shouldn't really suprise him. Luke could have been dead multiple times in the trilogy.

It was awful. Awful. The Last Jedi was a masterpiece. It went places that were interesting and you can tell Rian has a clear understanding and respect for the history of Star Wars and why it needed to expand.

Everything in TROS was fucking garbage. It was Fan-Servicey and it wasn't even good. Contrived is the word I would use to describe it.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Is it true there were horses in outer space in Rise of Skywalker?

I really enjoyed it! A great conclusion to a super fun trilogy. So glad it was made, which is more than I can say for the prequels.