By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Tracking The Rise (Or Fall?) of Skywalker

DarthJarvis said:
The more I think about this movie the more I just hate the trilogy. Just 3 absolutely useless movies. Somehow the Disney movies need to be retconned

If it's really so useless they can just pretend it didn't happen and do something else.  The original cast is done and the sequel cast seems pretty done.  Give it 15 for the new trilogy nostalgia to kick in and maybe they'll be willing to come back

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
DarthJarvis said:
The more I think about this movie the more I just hate the trilogy. Just 3 absolutely useless movies. Somehow the Disney movies need to be retconned

...and then Luke Skywalker woke up beside his wife Mara Jade and told her all about the bad dream he had just suffered.

DarthJarvis said:

Yeah it just seems like an obvious cash grab to me. Like it feels like they had it set to make the movies before they had any legit ideas or cohesion and made the stuff up as they went along. Each time I watch anything from the new trilogy I just think "what's the point of this?"

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

ROS seems to have dropped quite a bit. Its 3rd Monday grossed just $3M. This is 79% below TLJ's $14.3M for the corresponding day. ROS sits at $454.6M, 14.5% lower than TLJ'S $531.5M for the same point in time. If this continues ROS will end with a DBO total of $530.3M.

Currently, the FBO makes up 51% of the WW BO. If this continues, ROS will end up with a FBO total of $549.7M, and a $1.08B WW total. 22.8% lower than TLJ'S FBO and 18.8% lower than TLJ'S WW total.

DarthJarvis said:

Haven't seen the last one (wonder if I'll ever see at a point tbh), but I felt the same with the previous two movies: useless.

Although, I don't hate them, just going to ignore it and move on.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
ROS seems to have dropped quite a bit. Its 3rd Monday grossed just $3M. This is 79% below TLJ's $14.3M for the corresponding day. ROS sits at $454.6M, 14.5% lower than TLJ'S $531.5M for the same point in time. If this continues ROS will end with a DBO total of $530.3M.

Currently, the FBO makes up 51% of the WW BO. If this continues, ROS will end up with a FBO total of $549.7M, and a $1.08B WW total. 22.8% lower than TLJ'S FBO and 18.8% lower than TLJ'S WW total.

I think TLJ comparisons are redundant now. Rogue one is the closest comparison now

I didn't like this movie - or any of the three of the sequel trilogy, for that matter - but these monday numbers hurt me inside.

haxxiy said:
I didn't like this movie - or any of the three of the sequel trilogy, for that matter - but these monday numbers hurt me inside.

Disney needs to get the message that dividing the fanbase also divides their bottom line.

DarthJarvis said:
thismeintiel said:

I think TLJ comparisons are redundant now. Rogue one is the closest comparison now

Yea, now that the projection has fallen below $1.1B, it is much closer to RO.  I'll be switching to comparing it to RO when Tues' numbers come in tomorrow.

ROS made 3.98M on its 3rd Tues.  This is 36.5% lower than the $6.27M that Rogue One made on the corresponding day.  Currently, ROS sits at $458.5M at the DBO, 2.5% higher than RO's $447.2M for the same point in time.  If this continues, ROS will make end up with a DBO total of $545.5M vs RO's $532.2M.

Currently, the FBO makes up 51% of the WW BO.  If this continues ROS will end up with a FBO total of $564.5M, 5.9% higher than RO's $532.9M.  A WW BO total of $1.11B, 4.7% higher than RO's $1.06B.