By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Tracking The Rise (Or Fall?) of Skywalker

ROS 2nd Thu numbers are in. ROS made $9.3M, which is 52.3% lower than TLJ's $19.5M for the same day. ROS's LTD sits at $417.1M, 10.2% lower than TLJ's $464.7M for the same point in time. If this continues, ROS will finish with a DBO total of $556.9M.

Currently, the FBO makes up 50.4% of the WW BO. If this continues ROS will end up with a FBO of $563.1M, 21% lower than TLJ's $712.4M. This would be a WW total of $1.12B, 15.8% lower than TLJ's $1.33B.

Around the Network

It obviously is not catching The Last Jedi.

Soundwave said:

I'm actually becoming more curious if it will outperform Rogue One at this point.

thismeintiel said:
Soundwave said:

I'm actually becoming more curious if it will outperform Rogue One at this point.

Would be cool to add Rogue One to the box office comparison. 

Mr.GameCrazy said:
thismeintiel said:

Would be cool to add Rogue One to the box office comparison. 

Depending on how this weekend goes, I may start using RO as the comparison in my posts. I'll still keep the chart in the OP as ROS vs TLJ, though.

I think Week 3 will be my last week that I do day to day updates and just do weekend updates. Unless we get some major drops that is.

Around the Network

ROS made $11M on Fri. This is 42.1% lower than TLJ's $19M for the corresponding Fri. ROS currently sits at $428.1M at the DBO. This is 11.5% lower than TLJ's $483.7M for the same point in time. If this continues ROS will end up with a DBO total of $548.9M vs TLJ's DBO total of $620.2M.

If the FBO percentage of the WW total holds, ROS will end up with a FBO total of $561.1M, 21.2% lower than TLJ's $712.4M. This would be a WW total of $1.11B, or 16.5% lower than TLJ's $1.33B.

Weekend estimates are in. ROS made $33.7M at the DBO. This is 35.8% lower than TLJ's $52.5M for the same Fri. Currently, ROS sits at a DBO total of $450.8M. This is 12.8% lower than TLJ's total of $517.2M for the same time period. If this continues ROS will end its DBO run with a total of $540.8M vs TLJ's $620.2M.

Currently, ROS's FBO makes up 50.9% of the WW total. If this holds ROS will end up with FBO take of $559.2M, 21.5% lower than TLJ's $712.4M. A WW total of $1.1B, 17.3% lower than TLJ's $1.33B.

Thanks for the info. At this point, The Rise of Skywalker will definitely not beat The Last Jedi in the box office, but I have no doubt it will reach $1 billion.

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Thanks for the info. At this point, The Rise of Skywalker will definitely not beat The Last Jedi in the box office, but I have no doubt it will reach $1 billion.

Yea, I believe it will, too, unless we get some crazy drops soon. Now the question is will it beat RO's $1.06B.

The more I think about this movie the more I just hate the trilogy. Just 3 absolutely useless movies. Somehow the Disney movies need to be retconned