By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Can't we just get rid of this like/dislike system ?

BraLoD said:

I don't think donations have any relation with being a good member if they are getting something back for it, at all.

Trolls don't spend money on the site. You don't spend money on something you don't care about. So anyone that is a donator cares about the well being of the site.

That doesn't mean a donator is automatically better than someone who doesn't donate. You don't have to donate to be a good user. But the likelihood of a donator being a problematic user is much lower than a non-donator.

Around the Network
Machina said:
COKTOE said:

I kindly asked Talon to make it possible to choose the amount of +/- when voting in articles. Sometimes I simply leave comments alone, because I feel +4 or -4 is too much to give. Certainly a low priority, so it never happened. Plus he's gone now.

He's coming back in the new year hopefully :)

Good news. Good good, good good, good-good-good!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I have to say that it is a terrible name. Maybe better than Xbox One but that isn't saying much. I have more creative turds than apparently the geniuses in charge at Xbox marketing division. They should hire some better people.

sethnintendo said:

I have to say that it is a terrible name. Maybe better than Xbox One but that isn't saying much. I have more creative turds than apparently the geniuses in charge at Xbox marketing division. They should hire some better people.

I think you're in the wrong neighborhood.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
sethnintendo said:

Oops well least it's almost related to the thread.  I missed my chance at making fun of name earlier so I had to vent somewhere.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
COKTOE said:

Oops well least it's almost related to the thread.  I missed my chance at making fun of name earlier so I had to vent somewhere.

Yeah, true. as for the name...I'm kinda indifferent about it. In a way, it's bold in it's redundancy. But I can see how some would think it's lazy, or even stupid. I cannot think of another electronic device that's used the exact same name as a previous iteration, with an adjective or number to distinguish itself. Doubt it will have any negative impact on the console though.

I think I saw that article. All the comments in red were some non sensical fanboy bullshit which proves that the system actually works.

trunkswd said:
Machina said:
I'd sooner look at ways the system can be improved, rather than scrap it altogether. For example, increasing the amount needed for a comment to be hidden. Or removing the anonymity attached to up and downvoting.

The theory behind the increased voting power for people who donate to the site is that said people are more likely to be good, upstanding members of the community who want to improve the site, and so are likely to only downvote posts that are genuinely deserving of it. Not everyone, sure, but the vast majority I'd hope.

I'd say make it -10 instead of -5 to make them hidden and see how that goes. 

Or let it be reviewed by a mod after it got a certtain amount of downvotes in order to make it hidden,i do not want to put even more work into their hands but it could be the fairest method.

On a sidenote: Getting some downvotes is not the end of the world and if it happens frequently you should consider your own posting habits to be rather negative?Getting upset about likes and dislikes is pretty silly.

Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 27 December 2019

Immersiveunreality said:

Getting upset about likes and dislikes is pretty silly.

Exactly, only begs the question of why such a system exist at all.

RolStoppable said:

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

And people wonders why this forum is going belly up . I was thinking The voting was the result of crazy Fanboys with alts downvoting , but this makes sense now. Having downvotes is like a badge  of honor in There. You upset the Fanboys and you get a shit ton of downvotes then its just the usual circlejerk. Its pay to win and rewarding the packs of Fanboys of this site.

Here is the short list of all supporters. Tell us who the fanboys are.

I don't know about fanboys but there certainly is a hater on the list. 

ioi seems to hate this site.