By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD November 2019: Switch #1, other details

https://gonintendo.com/stories/351106-npd-data-for-nov-2019-switch-1-hardware-pokemon-sword-shield

- Switch best selling hardware of the month and Year to Date

- Smash Bros Ultimate now best selling fighting game in US, ever

- Pokemon Sword/Shield have highest launch month dollar sales in the series history

- Overall gaming market spending down 19% from 2018 (Mostly thanks to PS4/Xbone decline)

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023. (And over 130 million lifetime)

Around the Network

We're not getting numbers are we??

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Yeah sadly that seems to be a thing of the past, I can't remember the last month we got actual numbers.

If any do come I will update the OP.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023. (And over 130 million lifetime)

curl-6 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Yeah sadly that seems to be a thing of the past, I can't remember the last month we got actual numbers.

If any do come I will update the OP.

I'd be happy for some leaked numbers.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

PortisheadBiscuit said:

We don't get direct numbers anymore.  We get leaks with mathematical equations that give us an approximation of what somethings sold.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Around the Network

Us at NPD's gates for accurate numbers :

"LET ME IN, LET ME IIIIINNNN !!!"

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

We can take this as early confirmation that Switch accomplishes the sweep in 2019 because a December win is a given. Such a sweep hasn't happened often, so it's something special.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
We can take this as early confirmation that Switch accomplishes the sweep in 2019 because a December win is a given. Such a sweep hasn't happened often, so it's something special.

Not often is there such a big gap between platform releases. Usually consoles in the same gen are released the most one year (2 tops) apart from each other. Switch was over 3 years after the PS4 and Xbox One and just under 3 years before PS5 and Xbox Series X. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Call of Duty is #1 my ass! Pokemon takes spots 3, 4, and 5. Meanwhile Call of Duty is two different platforms combined. I know that if they actually reported numbers Pokemon would have crushed Call of Duty. NPD makes some of these third party franchises seem a lot bigger than they really are while downplaying Nintendo first party as much as possible.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Call of Duty is #1 my ass! Pokemon takes spots 3, 4, and 5. Meanwhile Call of Duty is two different platforms combined. I know that if they actually reported numbers Pokemon would have crushed Call of Duty. NPD makes some of these third party franchises seem a lot bigger than they really are while downplaying Nintendo first party as much as possible.

Pokémon would be #2 on the revenue chart without the illogical split of its SKUs.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments