By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD November 2019: Switch #1, other details

Cool seeing Ring Fit in the Switch top 10. Nice to know it's doing well in the West as well as being big in Japan.

Around the Network

I don't know, I think there is some bias against Nintendo from the video gaming industry as a whole. Look at how they were treated last night during The Game Awards for example. Nintendo won Game of the Year in Fighting, Strategy, Family, and Player's Choice but didn't get presented an award once on the main stage but rather was just announced and then moved on. The Player's Choice award should have been presented at minimum. The only one they were "presented" was the Fighting game of the year during the PRE-SHOW, how insulting.

Last edited by scottslater - on 13 December 2019

Nintendo with the Switch:

StarDoor said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Switch being up YOY in dollar sales is impressive considering this year had the Switch lite at 199$.
must be up quite a bit in units sales. And this November didn't even had Cyber Monday...

What's the source for this?

"Hardware

Hardware spending in November 2019 declined 26% compared to YA, to $891m. YTD HW spending has fallen 24% versus YA, to $2.9B. Only Nintendo Switch is showing year-to-date hardware sales growth.

Nintendo Switch was again the best-selling hardware platform of November and remains the best-selling platform of 2019. "

https://venturebeat.com/2019/12/12/november-2019-npd-pokemon-has-best-u-s-launch-in-series-history/

So I'm assuming Switch landed between 1.4m and 1.6m for Nov, Mat Piscatella replied to a poster on twitter suggesting Switch didn't break the gen record for Nov which I believe is PS4 in 2017 at 1.7m.

RolStoppable said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

"Hardware

Hardware spending in November 2019 declined 26% compared to YA, to $891m. YTD HW spending has fallen 24% versus YA, to $2.9B. Only Nintendo Switch is showing year-to-date hardware sales growth.

Nintendo Switch was again the best-selling hardware platform of November and remains the best-selling platform of 2019. "

https://venturebeat.com/2019/12/12/november-2019-npd-pokemon-has-best-u-s-launch-in-series-history/

The statement concerning revenue refers to YTD, not November alone.

my bad, that's kinda different then

Around the Network

Switch 1st party softwares are monstrous even without huge additional of digital sales.

I bet both Zelda and MK8D will surpass Death Stranding with the inclusion of digital sales.

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Switch 1st party softwares are monstrous even without huge additional of digital sales.

I bet both Zelda and MK8D will surpass Death Stranding with the inclusion of digital sales.

Lol... That's a ridiculous statement with zero evidence.

#1 predictor on Reserera

NSW-1395k
PS4-1090k
XB1-875k

@trunkswd how do these numbers compare to this site?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
#1 predictor on Reserera

NSW-1395k
PS4-1090k
XB1-875k

@trunkswd how do these numbers compare to this site?

Current VGC Figures:

NSW - 1464k
PS4 - 1001k
XB1 - 872k

So the two figures are similar. XB1 almost identical, PS4 a bit less on VGC and Switch a bit higher.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/november-2019-npd-u-s-hardware-predictions-closes-tuesday-december-10th.156546/page-4#post-27656624

current hardware estimate
Switch 1416k-1462k
PS4 < 1074k
XB1 802k-873k