You can read the complete article and Analysis here:

Xbox One vs PlayStation 3 in the US – VGChartz Gap Charts – November 2019

XOne Vs. PS3 US:

Gap change in latest month: 184,316 – XOne

Gap change over last 12 months: 622,054 – PS3

Total Lead: 3,919,359 - XOne

XOne Total Sales: 26,845,047

PS3 Total Sales: 22,925,688

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

Xbox One vs PlayStation 3 in the US – VGChartz Gap Charts – November 2019

XOne Vs. PS3 US:

Gap change in latest month: 184,316 – XOne

Gap change over last 12 months: 622,054 – PS3

Total Lead: 3,919,359 - XOne

XOne Total Sales: 26,845,047

PS3 Total Sales: 22,925,688

Just 140k more and Xbone has beaten PS3's lifetime US sales, and that was as of November, so yeah, so long PS3.

trunkswd said:

PlayStation 4 vs Xbox 360 in the US – VGChartz Gap Charts – November 2019

PS4 Vs. X360 US:

Gap change in latest month: 789,827 – X360

Gap change over last 12 months: 3,727,002 – X360

Total Lead: 735,237 – PS4

X360 Total Sales: 30,676,416

PS4 Total Sales: 31,411,653

Given the 360 got to 45 million plus in the end I reckon it has this one in the bag at this point.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

trunkswd said:
yo33331 said:

It's not small task but I got ideas for some new interesting charts, which to update monthly and maybe beggining now with december.

PS4 vs Wii in US

PS4 vs DS in europe

switch vs 360 in US

switch vs 360 in europe

switch vs ps3 in europe

switch vs ps4 in europe

as well as bringing back some old charts like:

PS3 & 360 vs PS4 & ONE 

PS3 vs xbox one in US

PS4 vs 360 in US

PS4 vs DS

1. I can switch the PS4 vs Wii worldwide to US now that PS4 is ahead worldwide, but not in the US. 

2 - 6. I'll take a look at the gap to see if any of those make sense to do articles on. 

7. Taking a look, bringing back PS3 & 360 vs PS4 & ONE makes sense to me, so I will bring it back for December.

8 - 10. Those 3 are still ongoing. 2 of them still need to be posted for November. 

One more interesting would be also PS3&360 vs PS4&XB1 in US, current gen is now around 60M there and last gen finished 72, this would be very interesting battle. And the same chart for europe also, 60vs55M

Couldn't you make PS2 charts? For example to take the official PS2 sold numbers for every year and make charts against some of the consoles ? like DS or PS4 ?

yo33331 said:
Couldn't you make PS2 charts? For example to take the official PS2 sold numbers for every year and make charts against some of the consoles ? like DS or PS4 ?

I'm not sure if we have accurate tracking data for any pre-7th gen system.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
yo33331 said:

There are no official worldwide sell-through numbers for the PS2 to create charts. The only realistic option for sell-through are Japan-only charts because that's the only country that had transparent sales trackers.

The PS2 doesn't even have straight-forward shipment numbers because Sony's method was production shipments, meaning the number of units that were produced instead of the number of units that have been sold to retailers. It wasn't until 2007 that Sony changed their reporting method to sold to retailers.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
yo33331 said:

There are no official worldwide sell-through numbers for the PS2 to create charts. The only realistic option for sell-through are Japan-only charts because that's the only country that had transparent sales trackers.

The PS2 doesn't even have straight-forward shipment numbers because Sony's method was production shipments, meaning the number of units that were produced instead of the number of units that have been sold to retailers. It wasn't until 2007 that Sony changed their reporting method to sold to retailers.

There is official shipment numbers in wikipedia and some more sites, and in the end with those numbers everything add up to 158M lifetime.

So I think some approximately charts can be done. It is not so difficult.

Just to see the sales track for PS4 and DS for example in comparison to the PS2 over the years.

So is that it for this round of gap charts? 

Onto December now we have those numbers?

curl-6 said:

Correct. First one will either be up Thursday or Friday. That being the one that looks at LT and monthly sales of the 3 consoles. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Correct. First one will either be up Thursday or Friday. That being the one that looks at LT and monthly sales of the 3 consoles. 

Are my 11 charts incoming ? :D I am very interested