Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best looking Switch game, end of 2019 edition

- Astral Chain
- Luigis Mansion 3
- The Touryst
- Hellblade (it has a great art style, practically looks like the PS4 version, is an astonishing achievement)
- Dragon Quest XI (sadly grass is flickering, but otherwise it looks incredible good)

Probably Alien Isolation (this only by judging the first videos)

Last edited by z101 - on 03 December 2019

Around the Network

For me, it's Trine 4. It's art style is just sublime with its soft dreamlike lighting, vibrant palette, and intricate fairytale architecture.

Honourable mentions also go to Mario Odyssey, Asphalt 9, Luigi's Mansion 3, Outlast II, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Fast RMX, and Yoshi's Crafted World.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

From what i've played I think Yoshi's crafted World and Astral Chain look the best, and judging by rhe videos i've seen Luigi's Mansion looks incredible too

Personally, I think the best looking Switch game has got to be Luigi's Mansion 3. Honestly am blown away. Some Pixar level quality animations IMO. I would totally watch a series based on Luigi's Mansion!

1doesnotsimply

Jpcc86 said:
Hollow Knight.

Yeah but... Hollow Knight might be the best looking game ever made (until silksong) haha It will certainly be the one that holds up in a decade or even two.

Technically though; it's getting really hard to go past Luigi's Mansion 3, it's so beautiful. Doom 2016 still gets an honourable mention due to the human sacrifice panic button obviously committed in order to get it running. 

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

Most games in this day and age are beautiful to look at, but if I had to pick one, it's Astral Chain for me. That game is simply gorgeous, at times it makes me wonder how the hell they got it running on the Switch (tunnel scenes come to mind).

Edit: here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfm24YiJZik

Astral Chain is one of those cases where it makes very clever use of relatively simple techniques (such as cubemaps for reflections) to produce eye-catching visuals without the need for system-pushing tech.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Theres some tough ones here... Luigi's mansion 3 looks phenomenal. Links awakening looks phenomenal. Astral chain is huge and looks superb. Then theres games like ori and the blind forest... hallowknight.... breath of the wild, mariokart.... I just cant decide which one looks the best to me.

Artistically: Tie between Gris and Ori and the Blind Forest
Graphically: Witcher 3

I'm really surprised only one person besides me said Witcher 3.

In the end, and in my opinion, Switch has a lot of good looking games.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile