By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After 24 years i got anither nintendo console

Just sell it man and use the money to fund 4 years of psn+ with the current blackfriday deal

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

BotW, Odyssey and Smash are top picks. Can't go wrong with those.

If you want to feel validated of your purchase, get Zelda and just lose yourself in it.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Zelda is screaming for me and that square Enix RPG in that old school style looks perfect.

Both BOTW and Octopath Traveler (that sounds like the one you're thinking of) are great picks. 

What kinds of games are you into?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

265 euros got me a switch and a 35 euros code for the store in a black friday promo(they are doing these all month) . 

I bought thinking i would BE playing Pokémon sword a week ago but the package just arrived today and now after watching the game i think i deserve a better game than this , i AM just conflicted as fuck If i buy it or choose another thing. 

Zelda is screaming for me and that square Enix RPG in that old school style looks perfect.

Dont know What Will BE my first nintendo game after só many years😂 

As a longtime RPG fan, I wasn't a fan of either Octopath Traveler or I am Setsuna. But there are some great Square games available in the form of Final Fantasy 7, 8, and X. IMO, the FFX remaster is above and beyond what was necessary.

If you're into Harvest Moon type games, try Stardew Valley. The multiplayer on Switch is a lot of fun too.

Breath of the Wild is a phenomenal next step for the Zelda series, the first major move since Ocarina of Time.

I can't speak for Smash, I am not a fan.

Super Mario Odyssey, at least for me, was a little disappointing. It's a nice graphical upgrade, the 2D Mario stages are good, but the overall depth gameplay, atmosphere, and sense of adventure and creativity doesn't exceed what Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 did; I am hopeful Nintendo releases remasters of these two games on Switch -- next year seems the most likely time for that.

I am a gigantic fan of the Xeno-games, and while Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a great entry, I still put it below average for the franchise (only above Xenosaga 2 and 3). That said, below average for a Xeno-game still means one of the best RPGs available this generation.

* As a note, while I rank Xenosaga Episode 2 and 3 at the bottom, I still find both those games offer valuable moments that can't be found in other Xeno-games; I still enjoy them more than most RPGs.

If you have friends or family with Switches, you guys need to get Mario Kart 8. It's pretty much the only game I can enjoy playing with co-workers, my kids, my siblings, my wife, and even some who are friends of my parents (my parents don't play video games).

If you're looking for a fitness or motion game, Ring Fit is your best bet IMO.

Always keep an eye on the Eshop each week for sales, some go as high as 98% off. There are always TONS of sales going on. Each week I find it is a good idea to scan the new games list and add to your wish-list. That way it's easier to check out your wish-list for sales rather than scanning through the entire sales list (because sometimes there are hundreds of games on sale).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
I was surprised as fuck to see Zelda and octopath traveler with discounts, seone lied to me about switch not getting store discounts in main games, even Mário is with discounts, is it because of black friday? Humm its Zelda, Pokémon or octopath

Between those three, I'd say get Zelda, without question. It's the best experience Switch has to offer.

Not your first game, but at some point get both Blossom Tales and Golf Story if you want that old school Nintendo feeling on the cheap.

It's hard to vote against BOTW as the first game for Switch.

Yeah, definitely don't make Sword/Shield your first Nintendo game in decades. It's not even in the top 3 Nintendo games this year.

Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Smash Bros. Ultimate
Luigi's Mansion 3
Mario Kart 8
Arms
Bayonetta 2
Astral Chain

Any of these games would be better first swings. Mario + Rabbids is also a top-notch 3rd party exclusive.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

There are the obvious first party offerings. Xenoblade 2, Octopath traveller and Fire emblem TH quickly became three of my all time favourite Rpgs however. Also; as someone who has already dumped >100hrs into pokemon shield, it is my Opinion that it should not be discounted due to internet hate. It's a great game and in my opinion well worth purchasing.