By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - To Hideo or not to Hideo? That is the Kojima. [Death Stranding disscussion]

I am...

Loving DS 16 32.65%

Enjoyig DS 6 12.24%

Middle of the road. 1 2.04%

Disliking DS 5 10.20%

Hating DS 7 14.29%

Not sure yet. 8 16.33%

Other. 6 12.24%

Total:49

I'm quite interested in the game, and I'm just waiting for some users comments to confirm if I'll pay full price or if I'll wait a little.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Got about 5 hours of sleep. I set an alarm to get up early and get back at it. A lot of this is very obscure still, three missions in, but I'm more compelled to keep playing because of this.

Good job so far Kojima.

The game is amazing, Don (from the perspective of being 3 hours in at least). Most interested in a narrative I've been in awhile now.

Edit: Did the reviews make you re-think your purchase? If so, go with your original gut feeling, because that was blown way out of proportion. The gameplay does not seem boring at all.

I think DS invaded my PS4 and somehow changed my profile icon to that of a death stranding icon. Does this happen to everyone who plays the game?

RaptorChrist said:

The game is amazing, Don (from the perspective of being 3 hours in at least). Most interested in a narrative I've been in awhile now.

Edit: Did the reviews make you re-think your purchase? If so, go with your original gut feeling, because that was blown way out of proportion. The gameplay does not seem boring at all.

Nope, it is more that I like Kojima games but not all games. So I just wanted to give it a day or two after launch to be able to see gamers impressions as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
John2290 said:
RaptorChrist said:
I think DS invaded my PS4 and somehow changed my profile icon to that of a death stranding icon. Does this happen to everyone who plays the game?

It haopened to me too but only because I clicked on it when downloading the main game, there is a new auto update feature. 

Oh, okay, so it was the additional files that I clicked on after buying and downloading the game, then. Makes sense; I was in the locker room and noticed when inspecting BB that there was a figuring dangling, and it was the same as my icon. For a small second I was like, "Wait a minute! Did Kojima make 3D models of all the PSN profile pictures so that every player can see a dangling figurine of their pic?" Wouldn't put it past him; so many unusual (in a good way) things about his games.

I'm still not very far given my amount of playtime, but so far I just finished Mission 4.

Very impressed so far and super immersed in this game. I'm even playing with headphones, which is something I never do.

I love Norman Reedus' performance. He is so good. The subtle stuff adds so much more.

Masterpiece.

Almost done with my chores for the day. The wife wanted to play Ring Fit for a bit and then shower so I'm watching the baby while she's finishing up with that. Then I'll be home free to play DS all night long.

I'm having so much fun with this game. Nice to have a place to go and talk to it with people.

Look at us... just a bunch of good-lookin' dudes playin' games together.

twintail said:
John2290 said:

Put of the 6 hours I've played so far, A lot. The essence of the gameplay when it heightens is horror and tension based. I'd say one part Horror, to one part drama to one part Fed-ex to one part 'wow, look at this lump of moss, it's so pretty'. 

The chtulu elements seem to be, at least it's the basis for the entire worlds state and the foundation of the story. And yes, they appear massively in the first hour, rihht from the first minutes to my 6 hours in. 

After 6 hours of game time I can't tell yet with the soldier thing yet. I'd put a healthy bet a bigger. Knowing what I know about one of the characters pre release I'd assume that bet with no hesitation but if it'a optional or integrated I can't tell. 

thanks for the reply :)

Some critics say that the second half really picks us and adds the cream to the cake , are you seeing that?

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Noticed a typo in game. :O

Played a few more hours. Mission 5 was pretty brutal. Not sure if the timing of when it rains is random or if it's incorporated into the missions themselves, but I got really unlucky and was rained on the entire time. Barely managed to finish. I'm playing on hard mode, but I'm not sure how that affects things quite yet.