By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - That stupid fast reversal in Nintendo stock after Q2 2020 result

So just for info, here is the impact of Nintendo's last result, I had not believed a single second that this could happen this way.

All the lost ground lately just recovered in 2 sessions.

Last edited by Amnesia - on 04 November 2019

Around the Network

This is not a suggestion to invest anyway... They are already high, and I believe that Nintendo will never reach the numbers of the Wii/DS era,
but it seems to me that their aura is still today at the highest level they ever reached.

Wow. Some investors really jumped the gun selling their stock before the results were revealed.

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Wow. Some investors really jumped the gun selling their stock before the results were revealed.

Yes, and amplified by those who bet on this to make a bonus with a short term sell-buy...Precisely what I wanted to do, but because of a lack of confidence, I prefered to keep my shares to wait and see. I feel better now lol. I was a little bit afraid for a moment.

is seance a stock market term?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
super_etecoon said:
is seance a stock market term?

No, it's an instance of a non-native speaker using an inappropriate translation into English.

I don't follow anything having to do with the stock market, so I had no idea.  I also didn't know whether the term "seance" was used in other languages for "session."  Would be interesting, as I know seance isn't an english word and was curious if we had misused a regular word for "meeting" and converted it into something more macabre.    

super_etecoon said:
RolStoppable said:

No, it's an instance of a non-native speaker using an inappropriate translation into English.

I don't follow anything having to do with the stock market, so I had no idea.  I also didn't know whether the term "seance" was used in other languages for "session."  Would be interesting, as I know seance isn't an english word and was curious if we had misused a regular word for "meeting" and converted it into something more macabre.    

Oh sorry...This can only come from hungarian, "séance" is french and we use "széansz" in Hungarian even if Google translation won't provide you the word.

So I thought that it was probably an english word too. But ofcourse here we talk about "session".

If you own stock, I wouldn't sell yet. It's going to keep going up.

I'm no expert in stocks or anything, but having followed the financial side of this industry for a decent time now, and it generally seems that stock market often overreacts to some degree whenever new hardware is launched or other big events take place, and then gradually the market corrects the price later. Just seems like these big swings happen quite often.

On one hand, it is a good idea to know and understand your investments well. A gamer investing in the gaming sector makes sense in this way. On the other hand, one needs to be able to be emotionally disconnected from their investnment in order to make sound decisions. So, a fan of a company shouldn't invest in it.

Just sayin'.