By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wolfenstein The New Order a buggy freezy mess?

I started playing Wolfenstein on my PS4 Pro last night. Cutscenes would freeze and stutter. Everytime you brought up the map the game would freeze. I put Sekiro into my PS4 just to make sure it wasn't my system. Sekiro ran perfectly. I checked the Wolfenstein disk for scratches. There were none. Also applied the latest update to the game. Is this normal? How did Wolfenstein get such glowing reviews with such a buggy game? It's downright unplayable. 

Around the Network

What Wolfenstein are you talking about? I don't remember New Order, Old Blood or New Colossus being buggy. I haven't haven't Youngblood though.

EDIT: Actually I do remember some issues with New Colossus now that I think of it.

KLXVER said:
What Wolfenstein are you talking about? I don't remember New Order, Old Blood or New Colossus being buggy. I haven't haven't Youngblood though.

New Order

Cerebralbore101 said:
KLXVER said:

New Order

Ok. I don't remember having problems with that one, but had some issues with New Colossus like the sound of guns were muted and could only hear background noise. Restarted it and that fixed it.

I didn't have any issues with The New Order on my base PS4. Not sure why you're having those issues.

Around the Network

Tbh, the game was a stuttering mess, especially for me on PC, and even that has issues with me trying to play it past 60fps. TNC was a better game after TNO and Youngblood as well.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Never encountered anything like that on Xbox One, but I played the digital version.
Honestly though, I don't remember any map system in the game. Probably never used it. The levels were pretty linear for the most part.

Just to add to the pool: I played The New Order on a vanilla PS4. That particular system was the first, for lack of a better term "light revision", with slightly better power consumption, and whatnot. It was purchased around July/August 2014. At any rate, I had no issues whatsoever with the disc versions of The New order or The Old Blood on that console. PS4 ( OG and Pro ) has been, a rock for me. Most reliable disc based console I've owned since the Gamecube. I hope you can get your issues resolved.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 04 November 2019

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I saw in the title "Wolf", "The", "Order" ..and I got excited hoping for news of The Order 1886 sequel lol

Thanks for the responses guys.It must be my copy of the game then. Oh well, New Order is $15 used anyway. I'll find another copy and test it out.