By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 is way past the time for another price cut

Tagged games:

Around the Network

Completely agree. I bought my PS1 when it had just turned 4, and by then, the console had dropped roughly 60% of its original price. I know it's a completely different time, and PS4 hardware is much more complex, but still, I think we should have seen more price cuts by now.

I'm with you on this.... lower price to alteast 250$.
During holidays I wanna see it below 199$ too.

Higher price makes the PS5 looks better in comparison, I would find it funny if the next price cut Is early 2021

If PS5 comes in at $499 than they may be worried a $199 PS4 will eat into it sales too much?

Sort of like when PS3 launched at a high price and initial sales were slow while PS2 was outselling it at a low price.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Well its still selling very well so not sure if Sony needs to price cut it. But wait til Black Friday, im sure they'll have a price cut then and moving forward they'll probably keep it at that price.

Yep totally agree.

Let's see Black Friday to Xmas 149USD deals and permanent price drop to 199 by January.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Yupp. PS 4 should be 200 by now and Pro at 300 IMO. They could still make some profit from hardware and explode that sexy installbase.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I agree that traditionally by this point Consoles of that age should be selling for a bit cheaper. Sony however steadily keeps selling over 200k units weekly with competitor Xbox One struggling to meet 50k units, Sony is making money on the hardware now and unless sales considerably drop I can't really see a price point change until the PS5 rolls around.

zorg1000 said:
If PS5 comes in at $499 than they may be worried a $199 PS4 will eat into it sales too much?

Sort of like when PS3 launched at a high price and initial sales were slow while PS2 was outselling it at a low price.

Smaller issue for PS4 than for Xbox tbh.
Xbox will have forwards compatability on all games.... things will just run lower resolutions.

While if you get a PS4 for cheap..... the libarary going with you, to PS5 is a incentive to upgrade at some point.