By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's PlayStation Vue Pay TV Service Is Shutting Down

pokoko said:
Leynos said:
sTreAMiNG Is teH FUtUrE!

Why are you typing like that?  

KLAMarine said:
Nice to see these services shut down after so many have been cropping up as of late... Apple, Disney, and others I'm sure...

Why?  I don't see how less competition is good for the consumer.  

There is still plenty of competition. PS Vue just wasnt bringing much to the table and also feel using the Playstation name was a bad idea for a service like this.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Leynos said:
sTreAMiNG Is teH FUtUrE!

I think PS Now will succeed for Sony. Especially when they actually put new games on it like Game Pass.

Until then... Meh.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Cable TV is destined to die. I canceled subscription Tv like 2 years ago.

pokoko said:
Leynos said:
sTreAMiNG Is teH FUtUrE!

KLAMarine said:
Nice to see these services shut down after so many have been cropping up as of late... Apple, Disney, and others I'm sure...

Less competition? Ha

Normally yes, but at the moment it seems that anyone and everyone can pop in and say "we are streaming now, and charge $10-15"

They either last or decide to shut down. No one is ever lowering their prices, which is what competition is supposed to do. 

I figured this was coming. I have a Sony TV and they took PS Vue off of the "Home" screen months ago. Plus the PS4 has Pluto TV support and that's free!

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Leynos said:
sTreAMiNG Is teH FUtUrE!

KLAMarine said:

Wasn't thinking of things that way. Doesn't sound so good now...

This sucks. I'd been using Vue because I got more channels than cable for $100 a month cheaper than my cable provider. I just cancelled and I'm going with Youtube TV, which is about $10 cheaper but doesn't have the NFL network. At least it has the one over air channel that I was missing with Vue.

I had it for a while, but I found it didn’t really save that much money and it had lots of issues so I just went back to comcast. Pay about the same and get a lot more with less issues.

Darc Requiem said:
This sucks. I'd been using Vue because I got more channels than cable for $100 a month cheaper than my cable provider. I just cancelled and I'm going with Youtube TV, which is about $10 cheaper but doesn't have the NFL network. At least it has the one over air channel that I was missing with Vue.

I was in the same boat. My Comcast bill for Cable alone was over $240 a month, and only covered 3 TV's with One DVR. With Vue, I was paying $122 a month, and had TV in all three bedrooms, the livingroom and the garage, plus DVR to each, and individual User profiles for everyone. 

I did play around with the other services (YouTube TV, Hulu with Live TV, SlingTV, and AT&T Now) over the last year, as I have not been happy with Sony/PlayStation overall, but after spending time with each of them, Vue was by far the superior service. 

However, the past is the past. Vue can go join Home and Music Unlimited in Sony's failed Online Services in the Sky. They might as well start making room for PS Video and PS Now, it won't be too long before they join them in adandonment.

As soon as I saw the Blog post, I canceled my sub, and deleted the App from all of my devices. I am going with Hulu with Live TV for the time being, but I will keep an eye on the market. All of these other services are going to take a good while before they are comparable to what we are loosing with PS Vue.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

pokoko said:
Leynos said:
sTreAMiNG Is teH FUtUrE!

KLAMarine said:

It's a meme when stupid things are said. So people like me who like to own their media. Esp games and then see services shut down like this. Makes me think of Stadia.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!