By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Blizzard to announce Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 at Blizzcon 2019

Tagged games:

CaptainExplosion said:
Don't care, since Blizzard are still a bunch of sell outs to communism.

You do know Blizzard themselves are not communist right? There HQ is in California haha

Around the Network

Then everybody will forget what just transpired and Blizzard will be in everyone's good graces again. They're gonna play Blizzard fans like a fiddle.

Pemalite said:

Overwatch was a game that was light on content from the very beginning... And was just a loot-box money spinner.
It would have been better served being a game released at a lower price point to reflect that.

Even today, years after release it's not exactly dripping with content, almost 3 and a half years... 10 heroes, 9 maps. - Pretty poor IMHO.

Hopefully Overwatch 2 fixes that.

Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with that.  Overwatch is three times the game you make it out to be, and then-some.  There's 31 heroes and 28 maps.  Been playing since release, and I've yet to unlock all the game's content, (not counting the things I cannot get anymore.)

Furthermore, I don't think there's anything overwatch 2 can do to make you like it, considering how little of a game you think it already is.  It's probably just going to be an expansion of some kind, anyway.  How fitting for a game that doesn't have any content for its sequel to just be an add-on and not a fully-fleshed out new game, right?....

Pemalite said:
Chrizum said:

There are currently 31 heroes and 21 maps in Overwatch. Seeing how big of a success the game is with full price and loads of people still playing, I'd say that's plenty of content. Quality trumps quantity anyway.

Might be enough content for you. Certainly not for me or many others, plus the playerbase has been in decline for awhile now.

But 31 heroes, 21 maps in total in a game that cost the full $60 USD combined with the lootbox money spinner that was making a Billion dollars a year? Needs to be more content than just that.

A company like Blizzard has also proven in all it's past titles that it is more than capable of both quantity and quality anyway, but hey, if you want to spend more money for less... It's your cash at the end of the day.

Of course it's declining, it's 3,5 years old. You're acting like it's a failure but it's been hugely successful. It has three times as much content than you gave it credit for. It doesn't need to have more content at all, otherwise the game would have been long dead. For Blizzard's first fps game, I think they did an amazing job, also by strengthening its longevity with constant free updates. Overwacth 2 is coming and it will be a huge hit again.

Ljink96 said:
Then everybody will forget what just transpired and Blizzard will be in everyone's good graces again. They're gonna play Blizzard fans like a fiddle.

Are we in a gaming forum or a political forum? 

A good game is a good game regardless who makes it 

Around the Network
Burning Typhoon said:

Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with that.  Overwatch is three times the game you make it out to be, and then-some.  There's 31 heroes and 28 maps.  Been playing since release, and I've yet to unlock all the game's content, (not counting the things I cannot get anymore.)

I never said the game was actually bad. - Just light on content, don't confuse the two.

Since the games release 3 and a half years ago... Blizzard has only added 10 heroes, 9 maps... That is a damn good return on an investment, especially with loot boxes pulling in Billions of dollars, not so good for the consumer, it's not good bang for buck.

Compare the content in Overwatch to Blizzards other efforts, WarCraft, World of WarCraft, StarCraft, Diablo... They all have pretty encompassing multiplayer modes... And most have a very healthy amount of single player content as well. (With the exception of WoW for blatantly obvious reasons.)

Burning Typhoon said:

Furthermore, I don't think there's anything overwatch 2 can do to make you like it, considering how little of a game you think it already is.  It's probably just going to be an expansion of some kind, anyway.  How fitting for a game that doesn't have any content for its sequel to just be an add-on and not a fully-fleshed out new game, right?....

You don't know how poor or fantastic I think of Overwatch is, I haven't expressed my perspective from that end, so please don't assume you have all the ducks in a row. - I am merely providing criticism where criticism is due.

If it's just an expansion, then I am okay with that as well, it's more content, something the current game lacks.

Chrizum said:

Of course it's declining, it's 3,5 years old. You're acting like it's a failure but it's been hugely successful. It has three times as much content than you gave it credit for. It doesn't need to have more content at all, otherwise the game would have been long dead. For Blizzard's first fps game, I think they did an amazing job, also by strengthening its longevity with constant free updates. Overwacth 2 is coming and it will be a huge hit again.

I am far from asserting that it's a failure, the millions of copies that Blizzard has shifted is proof of that, not to mention the Billions of dollars in loot box/micro-transactions.

I don't doubt that Diablo 4/Overwatch 2 will be big hits, Blizzard always makes solid titles.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

That's great and all, but me and Blizzard are still in a fight lol. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

So 2 months after they finally get around to shitting out a terrible quality port of overwatch they are gonna announce the follow up title? Maybe this time when that gets ported to the switch in 3 years time they can just fill the physical box with piss and anyone daft enough to buy it can just pour it into a glass and drink it.

What I'm saying is, unless this announcement of the follow up game definitely addresses things like migration of skins from ow1 and the lousey switch port then they're going to generate more bad pr with this with the largest growing console space right now.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Pemalite said:
Burning Typhoon said:

I never said the game was actually bad. - Just light on content, don't confuse the two.

Since the games release 3 and a half years ago... Blizzard has only added 10 heroes, 9 maps... That is a damn good return on an investment, especially with loot boxes pulling in Billions of dollars, not so good for the consumer, it's not good bang for buck.

Compare the content in Overwatch to Blizzards other efforts, WarCraft, World of WarCraft, StarCraft, Diablo... They all have pretty encompassing multiplayer modes... And most have a very healthy amount of single player content as well. (With the exception of WoW for blatantly obvious reasons.)

Reducing the additions to Overwatch to only heroes and maps is very misleading. There's been a ton of modes added in the arcade and also plenty of features added.

- Deathmatch
- Team Deathmatch
- Capture the Flag
- 3v3 Elimination
- 1v1 Duel (same hero for both)
- Total Mayhem
- All the different limited time events(Junkenstein's Revenge, Mei's Snowball Offensive, Uprising, Yeti Hunter,Lucio Ball)

- The Overwatch Workshop and custom games (Custom user created maps which spawn things like Parkour challenges, aim training course, boss mode and countless others)
- Find a group
- Replays

Signature goes here!

CaptainExplosion said:
Don't care, since Blizzard are still a bunch of sell outs to communism.

Captalism, where selling out, is the right thing to do :P