By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumour: GTAIV DLC on Xbox 360 will include new city!!!!!! OMFG!!!!

DMeisterJ said:
Goddbless said:
This could be possible! Especially since Rockstar has been working on the DLC since early last year. They were in dire straights last year also. The fact of the matter is if this is true then that $50 million will have paid off ten fold. Even casuals would download new installments of GTA. If they can download games off the VC they can an will download this.

Link?

Ok I'll look for the link but if you think back you will remember the DLC was supposed to release last year Christmas or early this year. So why would they just now start working on it.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

i don’t know how reliable this source is but it gives an idea, and i don’t think DLC will be an island or anything like that

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=184564

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

360 GTA IV + GTA IV DLC > PS3 GTA IV

Game. Set. Match.

There is nothing to say anything different. Microsoft didn't spend $50M for no reason.

If it is new cities, I wonder if there will also be additional multiplayer maps. That would also make people buy it...

I have no doubt that the $50 million will be worth it at some point, and the only reason we don't hear about it sooner is the clause in the agreement that MS can't blow the PS launch for Rockstar.

That's my guess.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Hasn't Staten Island been left out of GTA4? I could see it being one of the episodes.  I'd pay $20 for it, if it added 15-20 hours of additional gameplay.

Around the Network

The only real argument I see against this is that Microsoft should have done a bigger deal about it if it's true.

But that's not definitive enough, maybe they can't say so as part of some agreement with Take 2.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Mistershine said:
rasone77 said:

Adding what amounts to a complete game only to one system will undermine the original game. Him also suggesting the the disc IS the game further shows that they are looking at adding side missions and side stories rather than full blown cityscapes and additional main story.

I don't follow this. Does not playing VC detract from playing GTA3 then SA?

It detracts from the original game because once I had VC I no longer played VC and once I had SA I no longer played VC. Therfore sales of GTA3 declinedas the more recent version came out.

In the same vein, adding what amounts to 2 complete games to only one console as DLC will cause far less people to buy the PS3 version of the game. This will alienate (current polls show 40%) much of R*'s GTA fanbase unless they also put the same content on both consoles. 

Devs are already stated it would be as big as a full game
and CVG are proXbox360

and I assume all is said.

Time to Work !

If the DLC is as big as another city with some more missions, cars, etc. I think MS is blowing it since they are not advertising it. I still know many people, myself included, that do not have a PS3 or 360 and this game is a console seller. Because I have yet to buy a console I don't see the DLC being something as large as a new city or they would try to get my (soon to be console buyer) attention.

The lack of details about the DLC leads me to believe its not as big as a new city. I think it will probably be more side missions and more multiplayer modes/options. However the side missions and multiplayer modes would have to be pretty impressive to justify the price tag.

If the DLC is as big as a new city MS better get the word out soon or they will lose a lot of console sales. I'm leaning towards the PS3 for the blu-ray (which I can rent), free online play and more dependable system. I love GTA and something like a new city would then make my decision more difficult.

selnor said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Is this a big deal or something? I'm still buying the PS3 version. DLC cost extra money. That stuff should already be in the game. Holding out and making us pay for stuff that should have been in the game right off tops is bullshit.
You miss the point. Did you own GTA 3, and san andreas? If you did you forked out extra money for san andreas. Thats what the DLC content will be like. San Andreas. No more GTA4 discs. You see? 

Wrong

both games had completely different stories, people, cars, building etc. this  DLC will NOT have this. a new area like an expanstion thats it.