By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Death Stranding Review Thread - MC: 82 / OC: 83 / GR: 83.17%

Tagged games:

pokoko said:
After reading over the last few pages of this thread, I've decided that I absolutely love this game. I mean, no, I haven't played it, but it's damn amusing watching people who don't want to play it try to tear it down. It's like watching little kids get pouty and try to kick over another kid's toys. It's nothing if not amusing.

So, yeah, makes me want to support this game, so I plan to buy it on PC now.

Also, bahaha at the people trying to define what a video game is supposed to be for everyone else. Good luck with that. People will like what they want to like. Preaching your view as if it's gospel just makes you look silly.

I only like this game due to this thread, which reminds me of old VGChartz. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Radek said:

Sorry but I'm pissed off, how are these idiotic "journalists" even allowed to score a game 4/10 if game is playable, not broken, looks good and runs at stable framerate, beautiful soundtrack, story that is at least good for sure, because its Kojima, cutscenes look awesome... sure you might not like the gameplay too much, but 4/10? Scores below 5 should only be used for broken, shitty games like WWE 2K20 wtf... really dissappinted with Giant Bomb and they lowered meta score to below Gears 5...

Maybe they hated the gameplay that much?

I wanna thank my family and friends for the support. 83 is the magic number.

I don't think I'll be picking it up anymore. The more I read the less interested I become. Maybe when it goes on sale I'll reconsider, but right now I'll pass.

For those requiring sales or discounts, Target is running their semi-annual buy-2-get-1-free this week, in-stores and online.

I had the rare chance to play around 60 - 90 mins today, and was extremely impressed. This game is my choice to playthrough this holiday season.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said: 

4) Nope, attacking your points isn't a personal attack. Even though you claimed I haven't read the thread which would be more of an attack than me stating what you have done in similar threads.

And sure I won't reply back to you, because at this point it is very clear to anyone that you just came to stir problem in the thread and offend fans.

QUOTE: Nope, attacking your points isn't a personal attack. Even though you claimed I haven't read the thread which would be more of an attack than me stating what you have done in similar threads.

^Thank you for admitting that.

QUOTE: And sure I won't reply back to you, because at this point it is very clear to anyone that you just came to stir problem in the thread and offend fans.

^Thanks again, no one ask you to reply to my post in the first place. If you don't like my opinions than ignore them.

*Azzanation goes back to playing video games* 

Radek said:

Sorry but I'm pissed off, how are these idiotic "journalists" even allowed to score a game 4/10 if game is playable, not broken, looks good and runs at stable framerate, beautiful soundtrack, story that is at least good for sure, because its Kojima, cutscenes look awesome... sure you might not like the gameplay too much, but 4/10? Scores below 5 should only be used for broken, shitty games like WWE 2K20 wtf... really dissappinted with Giant Bomb and they lowered meta score to below Gears 5...

To be clear, Giant Bomb doesn't just give a 4/10. It gives 2 stars out of 5. :D

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Down to 83 meta

From the review you posted and this comment, you seem rather pleased with the meta going down.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

OTBWY said:
Radek said:

To be clear, Giant Bomb doesn't just give a 4/10. It gives 2 stars out of 5. :D

Which still means awfull while a 3 would be an average game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Sure it's not a Game for everybody. It received a lot of 10/10, this means that the people who like this kind of experience, consider it a Masterpiece.
There's not that much to say, just play the Game and see if it appeals to you.

I'm not even wasting my time too much talking about the clickbait media; a game which receive a 3/10 or a 4/10, should be such a game with broken gameplay and/or awful graphics, a crappy story, heavy performance issues, and Death Stranding is very well done in every department. You don't like it ? Or it's not the experience you were expecting ? Give it a 6/10, but you cannot give a 3 or a 4/10 just because you don't like it, this means a biased and broken Review. 3 or 4/10 means crap, means a broken Game which has basicly nothing to offer. Just my opinion.

Again, a crappy Game cannot receive 15 or more perfect scores, easy as that.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.