By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Death Stranding Review Thread - MC: 82 / OC: 83 / GR: 83.17%

Tagged games:

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Keiji said:

Detroit Become Human got 78% on metacritic and is on my top 10 of favorite game of all time. Playing this fantastic game anyday than any Nintendo's IP

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/detroit-become-human

Good for you, but we're discussing a video game critics review on a game here. 

I know, I was explaining to you that a metacritic score doesn't mean too much. Gears 5 got 84% if I remember, same thing, I would play this game any over Nintendo's IP. I love it. That's called "taste". So if Death Stranding got 78%, 85%, 91%, for me it doesn't mean much actually.

That's the french reviews that makes me pre-ordered the game. Not the US' one.

Last edited by Keiji - on 06 November 2019

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

First, you are the one derailing the thread. And you got warn in two metacritics thread in the past for doing the same behavior.

Second, gamers will be happy, Horizon Zero Dawn and Spider-Man both got under 90 and people loved the games.

Third, people aren't displeased the game is sub 90 (a lot even said they expected the game to be under 90, I have guessed 85). We are talking and complaining about reviewers giving this game a 3,5 or even a 6,0 score that from what we know so far is very far from representing the quality of the game (even if we didn't play the game we have knowledge about kojima games in general and also have seem some review videos).

Forth, I haven't done a single personal attack to you, no name calling or anything, I have described what you have done in this thread and other metacritic ones for Sony games.

Fifth, please again, say where else are people supposed to discuss the scores and reviews of this game.

Sixth, are you really interested in Death Stranding and planning to purchase it?

1st) How am i derailing exactly? Please go into more detail.

2nd) You clearly havnt read the posts in this thread. I recommend doing so befor jumping the gun.

3rd) Again, same point as 2nd point. Also how can you discuss what a game is worth a 3 or 6 or 9 if you havnt played it? Please discuss.

4th) You are personally attacking because you clearly dont like me posting my opinion in a open thread.

5th) No one said anything about not discussing review scores. Whinging is a different story.

6th) Can you read my mind? How do you know if i am interested in this game and wont consider buying it in the near future? Seems like you assume and generalise too much here.

7th) Nothing i said was wrong, i actually stand up for games that dont review well and in this case, just because the game didnt score 9s and 10s across the board should not be judged as not a good game nor should people assume without actually playing it, if the game deserves 3s or 10s. 

Whether you agree or disagree does not concern me one bit.

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

First, you are the one derailing the thread. And you got warn in two metacritics thread in the past for doing the same behavior.

Second, gamers will be happy, Horizon Zero Dawn and Spider-Man both got under 90 and people loved the games.

Third, people aren't displeased the game is sub 90 (a lot even said they expected the game to be under 90, I have guessed 85). We are talking and complaining about reviewers giving this game a 3,5 or even a 6,0 score that from what we know so far is very far from representing the quality of the game (even if we didn't play the game we have knowledge about kojima games in general and also have seem some review videos).

Forth, I haven't done a single personal attack to you, no name calling or anything, I have described what you have done in this thread and other metacritic ones for Sony games.

Fifth, please again, say where else are people supposed to discuss the scores and reviews of this game.

Sixth, are you really interested in Death Stranding and planning to purchase it?

1st) How am i derailing exactly? Please go into more detail.

2nd) You clearly havnt read the posts in this thread. I recommend doing so befor jumping the gun.

3rd) Again, same point as 2nd point. Also how can you discuss what a game is worth a 3 or 6 or 9 if you havnt played it? Please discuss.

4th) You are personally attacking because you clearly dont like me posting my opinion in a open thread.

5th) No one said anything about not discussing review scores. Whinging is a different story.

6th) Can you read my mind? How do you know if i am interested in this game and wont consider buying it in the near future? Seems like you assume and generalise too much here.

7th) Nothing i said was wrong, i actually stand up for games that dont review well and in this case, just because the game didnt score 9s and 10s across the board should not be judged as not a good game nor should people assume without actually playing it, if the game deserves 3s or 10s. 

Whether you agree or disagree does not concern me one bit.

1) The thread is about the reviews and scores, not about complaining that people talk about them. So you derailled since your first post.

2) I have read and your assumptions failed you once again. No one said the game is bad because it is below 90 or that they won't accept below 90. Will you then come with some of the excuse you used in another thread that some other site someone said it?

3) The level of rubbish a game needs to be to deserve a 6 much less a 3 is ridiculous and nothing suggest this games deserve it, even more when the meta is 85. Have no idea why you think your response to 3 is somewhat the same to 2.

4) Nope, attacking your points isn't a personal attack. Even though you claimed I haven't read the thread which would be more of an attack than me stating what you have done in similar threads.

5) Yes sure, how many threads have you gone to defend low score against Sony exclusives? I remember 3 or 4.

6) I don't generalize since I'm talking to you not about some unkown mass or entity. Funny enough you haven't said that you are interested in the game or that you'll buy this game. Also I'm still waiting the proof of all the Sony games you claim to have played, but any time I ask for you to show your game tag and trophies you say you don't have to prove you have played the games, and we have to trust you even if you never said a single praise about PS4 or its games.

7) And again no one said this game is bad because some reviewers gave it less than 9, they are exactly saying the very low scores are low because the game is good for all the accounts.

Funny that you complain about people not being allowed to say the game is undeserving of a 6 or below, but you very much defends it without having played as well.

And sure I won't reply back to you, because at this point it is very clear to anyone that you just came to stir problem in the thread and offend fans.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

This is a petty argument even for you two 😴

For the record I don’t think it’s “derailing” to discuss people’s reactions to reviews or scores. People do it in every review thread.

GiantBomb - 2/5
https://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/death-stranding-review/1900-795/

Very well written review btw.

Around the Network

The more divisive the game seems the more im curious and excited to play it, i at least take comfort in knowing that the reviewers i follow (who have a similart taste to mine) loved it, the only problem i have is that i need to finish RE2 before friday and with me being terrified of zombies im advancing at a really slow pace...

Down to 83 meta

John2290 said:
Stop fighting, ya'll. Kojima wouldn't want this. We should all be cumming together and holding hands. 24 hours left. Kumbaya!

I prefer to cum alone, thank you very much.

LGBTDBZBBQ said:

GiantBomb - 2/5
https://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/death-stranding-review/1900-795/

Very well written review btw.

What a disappointing read. Two things I normally enjoy in Kojima games, the combat and the narrative, are apparently awful here. I doubt I’ll even buy this on PC.

After reading over the last few pages of this thread, I've decided that I absolutely love this game. I mean, no, I haven't played it, but it's damn amusing watching people who don't want to play it try to tear it down. It's like watching little kids get pouty and try to kick over another kid's toys. It's nothing if not amusing.

So, yeah, makes me want to support this game, so I plan to buy it on PC now.

Also, bahaha at the people trying to define what a video game is supposed to be for everyone else. Good luck with that. People will like what they want to like. Preaching your view as if it's gospel just makes you look silly.