By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker final trailer

Soundwave said:
Replicant said:

Bold: Well, I liked her portrayal in TFA and looked forward to hear more about her story and origin. Problem is, TLJ didn't move any of its characters forward.

She's likable and earnest enough, but yeah TLJ basically puts her character on pause to allow Luke to take over the 3rd act of the movie, which is a no no. 

Bold: Yeah, what was that about? Rey and Finn had great chemistry and promising story arcs in TFA. I enjoyed it every time those two had screen time (both individually and together). Abandoning that is probably my biggest grief with TLJ.

Around the Network

Trailer looks really good but this movie had its work cut out for it.

-unlikeable characters
-no strong villain
-directionless story (so far)

I'm optimistic, though.

Soundwave said:

Luke didn't have much depth, he's a whiny bitch for most of the first two movies. He gains depth because of the revelation of Darth Vader being his father, that puts him into a different light and suddenly makes him more interesting because this giant family secret thrust upon him. That made the character interesting, otherwise he's really kinda one note himself.

Anakin was just a straight up bitch all the way through, alternating between whiny and annoying with the worst dialogue in modern big budget cinema and a completely implausible turn to the dark side. 

Harrison Ford as Han Solo is the actor that really carried the mail for the OT along with Carrie Fisher. New movies don't have anyone on that level though the Poe actor is fairly charismatic. You're not gonna find another Harrison Ford though.

The existence of other movies doesn't make the sequel trilogy any better, if that's what your point is.

I do agree Poe isn't terribly bland, the problem is he's in bad movies. For him to betray the First Order so easily and have no regrets is kinda lame, and in TLJ he spends most of the movie wasting time, and his one opportunity to do something useful gets ruined.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Soundwave said:

Luke didn't have much depth, he's a whiny bitch for most of the first two movies. He gains depth because of the revelation of Darth Vader being his father, that puts him into a different light and suddenly makes him more interesting because this giant family secret thrust upon him. That made the character interesting, otherwise he's really kinda one note himself.

Anakin was just a straight up bitch all the way through, alternating between whiny and annoying with the worst dialogue in modern big budget cinema and a completely implausible turn to the dark side. 

Harrison Ford as Han Solo is the actor that really carried the mail for the OT along with Carrie Fisher. New movies don't have anyone on that level though the Poe actor is fairly charismatic. You're not gonna find another Harrison Ford though.

The existence of other movies doesn't make the sequel trilogy any better, if that's what your point is.

I do agree Poe isn't terribly bland, the problem is he's in bad movies. For him to betray the First Order so easily and have no regrets is kinda lame, and in TLJ he spends most of the movie wasting time, and his one opportunity to do something useful gets ruined.

Actually, Finn was the one who betrayed the First Order, not Poe. Still, I agree with you about him.

Mr.GameCrazy said:

Actually, Finn was the one who betrayed the First Order, not Poe. Still, I agree with you about him.

Oops, guess that shows how much I care. xD

Poe was the guy who got punished for actually doing stuff and having some sense in TLJ so I guess what I said can still apply to him as well, definitely not the worst character.

Around the Network

It looks fine.

I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars, so I never really get the hype for these. I still end up seeing them in theaters and enjoying them.

Soundwave said:

Anakin was no doubt annoying, but there was enough going on in Ep3 that it didn't really matter for me. Revenge of the Sith was a guilty pleasure, thanks mainly to the story, themes, and darker overtones (certainly not because of Anakin), and it was cool, if not pretty sad, to see just how the Jedi ended. It was cool to see some real important events finally go down at least, unlike episode 1 and 2. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Is there any hype for the movie?
I've seen everything in calm around here.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Shadow1980 said:

Don't listen to the haters. The Last Jedi is definitely worth watching. I thought it was a great movie. It wasn't perfect. I thought it had some minor pacing issues in the middle act, and an example of a character doing the whole "stare aghast at the horrible thing for too long before doing anything about it" routine, but I'd rate it a solid 9/10, and it keeps getting better with every rewatch. As mentioned above, as a film it was objectively good (hence the good critic reviews and multiple awards). This whole "TLJ ruined Star Wars forever" meme is just some fans being hyperbolic. Star Wars has supposedly been "RUINED FOREVER" more times than I can recall: Ewoks, the changes made in the Special Editions, Jar Jar, midichlorians, "I hate sand," "NOOOOO!," and so on. If Star Wars survived all of that, I think it can survive The Last Jedi. I think most of the hate is just fans frustrated that the film didn't confirm their headcanon regarding things like how certain characters ought to be portrayed, though some of the hate is clearly political, and comes from the same "anti-SJW" circles that railed against Captain Marvel and the new She-Ra and other films and shows they perceived as "too woke" for their tastes.

I think The Last Jedi is still available on Netflix, so if you have the free time go watch it and decide for yourself if you like it.

"Don't listen to the haters" a.k.a. live in ignorance to the actual criticisms and just blindly believe that what you say are the reasons behind the hate.

People don't like it because it was bad, it's that simple. Anything else is your self delusion to avoid accepting this inconvenient truth. Also, the original trilogy isn't headcannon lol, you can't just ignore it and make Luke change drastically for the sake of a dumb plot.

Pavolink said:
Is there any hype for the movie?
I've seen everything in calm around here.

maybe not in any gaming forum, but in the real life:

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a29543947/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-avengers-endgame-record/

Click HERE and be happy