By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [FINAL PART UP] VGChartz' Top 50 Video Game Music Composers

I'll make a day of listening to all the tracks and artists in the whole list on Saturday. :D

Around the Network

Thanks for putting all of this together. I've really enjoyed it. Some music like David Wise's stuff is so good, that I can listen to it even though I'm not even a particular fan of the games that the music comes from.

And then there are the top 2. I would have thought there was something wrong with the list if the top 2 didn't take their respective spots. One has created the most recognizable music ever and the other has simply created the best music.

Thanks for putting this together. I pretty much knew from the get go who would be #1, but the rest of the top 5 is outstanding!

Cerebralbore101 said:

I'll make a day of listening to all the tracks and artists in the whole list on Saturday. :D

Not a bad way to spend some time for sure.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Thanks for putting all of this together. I've really enjoyed it. Some music like David Wise's stuff is so good, that I can listen to it even though I'm not even a particular fan of the games that the music comes from.

And then there are the top 2. I would have thought there was something wrong with the list if the top 2 didn't take their respective spots. One has created the most recognizable music ever and the other has simply created the best music.

I'm glad you've liked the list. Yeah, the top 2 were set pretty much from the beginning, with only Shimomura trailing fairly close early on in the voting.

PAOerfulone said:
Thanks for putting this together. I pretty much knew from the get go who would be #1, but the rest of the top 5 is outstanding!

No problem, though I couldn't have done it if people didn't take part in the voting. Just glad you enjoyed the countdown.