By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [FINAL PART UP] VGChartz' Top 50 Video Game Music Composers

Was just listening to this today.  How can you not love Hirokazu (Chip) Tanaka? 
Also, at the moment I'm at a loss of thinking of any other song that sounds remotely like this.

Around the Network

1. Yasunori Mitsuda (Xenoblade Chronicles, Chrono Trigger w/ Nobuo Uematsu)
2. Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger w/ Yasunori Mitsuda)
3. Koji Kondo (Needs no explanation)
4. Tomoya Ohtani (Sonic franchise since Adventure 2)
5. Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts)
6. David Wise (Donkey Kong Country)
7. Shoji Meguro (Persona 5)
8. Junichi Masuda (Pokemon)
9. Koichi Sugiyama (Dragon Quest)
10. Manami Matsumae (Mega Man)

12 hours left. After that the voting ends.

3 hours left. I've also decided to extend the list to a full top 50, as almost 100 different composers have received votes already.

The voting period is over. I will start putting together the articles immediately, and hopefully get them up as soon as possible. Thanks to everyone who participated. I will also link the articles in this thread when they are released.

Around the Network

@Vodacixi @AlbiNecroxz @Ultrashroomz @OTBWY @Hiku @JimmyFantasy @The_Liquid_Laser @deskpro2k3 @Jpcc86 @Shadow1980 @Ultravolt @CaptainExplosion @Landale_Star @drbunnig @Smartie900 @m0ney @SanAndreasX @finalrpgfantasy @mZuzek @QUAKECore89 @Ljink96 @Leynos @Cerebralbore101 @Kyuu @TruckOSaurus @shikamaru317 @Farsala @ARamdomGamer @GoOnKid @PAOerfulone 

Part 1 of the countdown is now out and available on the site. If you haven't seen it yet, you can check it right here: 50-36

I'm already working on part 2 and hopefully will have it done as soon as possible.

I am sad that I forgot to mention the Disgaea composer Tenpei Sato. I would have been fine with them at #6 instead of the ROTK composers. Oh well.

I am a little surprised Yuu Miyake didn't place higher. The soundtrack to the original Katamari Damacy is definitely in my top 3 soundtracks. (And on any given day I might put it at #1.) I only put him at #4 on my list, because my top 3 have several games with great soundtracks. I guess he isn't on the radar for most gamers though. I personally could listen to these Katamari songs every day.

@Vodacixi @AlbiNecroxz @Ultrashroomz @OTBWY @Hiku @JimmyFantasy @The_Liquid_Laser @deskpro2k3 

@Jpcc86 @Shadow1980 @Ultravolt @CaptainExplosion @Landale_Star @drbunnig @Smartie900 

@m0ney @SanAndreasX @finalrpgfantasy @mZuzek @QUAKECore89 @Ljink96 @Leynos @Cerebralbore101 

@Kyuu @TruckOSaurus @shikamaru317 @Farsala @ARamdomGamer @GoOnKid @PAOerfulone 

Part 2 is now up and you can check it HERE if you haven't noticed it yet. Also, sorry about the long wait for this part. I got a bit sick last week and couldn't really concentrate on any writing for a few days. Hopefully the next part is ready a bit faster.

Nice man :D