By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Gap Charts September 2019 Discussion Thread

trunkswd said:
zorg1000 said:

Yep but now its gonna be, "well it was always expected to sell 90+ million because that's what 3DS+Wii U did!!!"

Or "but now that it's the only handheld around so it needs to outsell 3DS+Wii U+Vita"

It does have a chance of outselling those 3 combined. The PS Vita doesn't add that much to the total. If the Switch gets too far ahead of the 3DS and Wii U I can add the PS Vita. 

I think it has a chance as well, I'm just saying that's something the detractors would resort to if it beats 3DS+Wii U but not 3DS+Wii U+Vita.

And of course no matter how well it does they will always be able to gloat about it not passing DS+Wii.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

You can read the complete Article #17 and Analysis here:

Xbox One vs PlayStation 3 in the US – VGChartz Gap Charts – September 2019

XOne Vs. PS3 US:

Gap change in latest month: 78,193 – PS3

Gap change over last 12 months: 341,435 – PS3

Total Lead: 3,809,943 - XOne

XOne Total Sales: 25,821,271

PS3 Total Sales: 22,011,328

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

zorg1000 said:
trunkswd said:

It does have a chance of outselling those 3 combined. The PS Vita doesn't add that much to the total. If the Switch gets too far ahead of the 3DS and Wii U I can add the PS Vita. 

I think it has a chance as well, I'm just saying that's something the detractors would resort to if it beats 3DS+Wii U but not 3DS+Wii U+Vita.

And of course no matter how well it does they will always be able to gloat about it not passing DS+Wii.

Not passing DS + Wii? Considering that would be 250 million that would be quite the record. People claiming that it not matching DS + Wii have to really hate Nintendo. To me the Switch is already a success for Nintendo and has a chance of matching PS4 lifetime sales. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:

You can read the complete Article #17 and Analysis here:

Xbox One vs PlayStation 3 in the US – VGChartz Gap Charts – September 2019

XOne Vs. PS3 US:

Gap change in latest month: 78,193 – PS3

Gap change over last 12 months: 341,435 – PS3

Total Lead: 3,809,943 - XOne

XOne Total Sales: 25,821,271

PS3 Total Sales: 22,011,328

Now this one is really interesting; maybe it's cos I'm so used to seeing Xbone getting trounced in the charts, but it's surprising to see its still significantly outperforming PS3 in America, and on the verge of outselling Sony's last gen console lifetime.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.