By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else with this problem on their Switch?

I have the OG switch but it rarely leaves the dock ... I think I can count on one hand how many times I've had it out of the dock and on...

Around the Network

Update: Had nothing to lose and sent the unit to Nintendo and I received it back again today. Same problem, unfortunately. They claim they replaced the machine but, same thing, you put it in sleep mode, wait 10 minutes, and the artifacts will be there. The Witcher 3 already looks rough, this thing makes it look significantly worse.

Obviously, I'll have to suck this one up, I'll sell the console someday, IDK, but it's very disappointing to see this kind of build quality after owning lots of Nintendo consoles in the past and having zero problems with them, until now. Not the first person to complain about Switch's quality, won't be the last one, but you know, it's incredibly annoying when something like this happens to you.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I've checked both my units out, no issues here.

If the device is different, it will have a different serial number... Just take it back to the shop and get a refund. Then buy another one elsewhere...

I have a launch Switch and have never had this issue. Bear in mind I do not have the new model, so that might be something exclusive to that. Based on what Ganoncrotch said, I would guess that to be the case.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
OneTime said:
If the device is different, it will have a different serial number... Just take it back to the shop and get a refund. Then buy another one elsewhere...

Hassle for me. I'm actually better off giving the unit to a relative in the States, who then sends the unit to Nintendo repair facilities. As I said, I might try to sell it one of these days. 

Hiku said:

If you take a pic with your phone, is it not noticeable then?

I may try later, but I think they aren't. It's something for which you must manipulate or move the screen around in order to appreciate the lines. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Had mine since 2017 and no issues. No Joycon drift. No Pro controller issues. No screen issues. No hardware issues. I have had an Eshop issue since a recent update. Eshop fails to load and takes a second attempt to get it to load.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

That sucks dude. It gets especially frustrating once attempts at resolving the problems begin to fail. I've had some rotten luck with a couple systems. The XB 360 was pretty bad for me, but the Grand Champion, black-hole of despair is the Vita.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I just took a look at my OG model and I can't discern any scan lines. If they're there they must be imperceptibly thin to my eyes. I could be that my glass screen protector is making them harder to see, I dunno.

Judging from how bummed out you are about this I'm guessing you mainly use the switch in portable mode? You could try checking out the display switch minis at a bestbuy or GameStop to see if they have the same issue.

Nothing on my Switch, but I think I've seen a few posts on Reddit, recently, about this banding effect on the Switch, so maybe it's a small issue with newer models? My only problem is the A button has decided it won't work half of the time and the right Joycon won't work as it's own controller when removed. It'll still function as a right Joycon though.