By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When are you buying the PS5?

When are you picking it up?

Pre-ordering ASAP. 39 23.78%

Launch day, launch week or so. 29 17.68%

Nah, first 12 months or so 19 11.59%

I need to see that sequel... 12 7.32%

Eventualy after some deal 27 16.46%

No clue 38 23.17%

Total:164
zealen said:
Bought mine this morning. Now we play the waiting game.

Best PS5 exclusive, right there. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Around the Network

Most probably Day One or within a month from Launch.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:

Best of luck, my man. I feel kinda bad having succeeded at getting a preorder when so many others have not. It's weird. I earned it, I did the work, I waited in line, I whored myself out to afford it, so I deserve it, but seeing all the people who want it and can't get it actually makes me feel kinda bad. Like others would appreciate it more. 

It's a weird feeling. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Runa216 said:
Nate4Drake said:

Best of luck, my man. I feel kinda bad having succeeded at getting a preorder when so many others have not. It's weird. I earned it, I did the work, I waited in line, I whored myself out to afford it, so I deserve it, but seeing all the people who want it and can't get it actually makes me feel kinda bad. Like others would appreciate it more. 

It's a weird feeling. 

Yeah I get that. I'm sitting on two (maybe). The gamestop one I worked for as far as refreshing goes.  Multiple monitors, constantly checking twitter videogamedeals/wario64. Lots of refreshing etc etc.  And seconds before I go to bed I check twitter and go to amazon. 5 seconds later I get an easy pre order.

So I may have two depending on what "awaiting product availability" means.I don't need two. so I will probably cancel one.  I feel kinda guilty about cancelling one. But no one I know even uses a PlayStation.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

Probably never.

I mean, I can't rule it out, but I simply don't have any interest whatsoever in it at the moment. It would have to be dirt cheap and have a tonne of exlcusives (real exlclusives I mean) that look amazing for me to get it.

Around the Network

When God of War 5 releases, now that I can play Horizon and Spiderman on my Pro.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I will get the cosole maybe when GOW 2 launches or the Sullivan Uncharted game till then i will complete my Backlog of ps4 games and im in no rush for the ps5

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

i need to rob a bank to pick up a console
or rob some1 if they run out of stock hahaha!

Probably within the first 12 months (f. e. when the new Ratchet or GOW games are released).
Maybe earlier if some PS4 games I haven't finished yet show good visual advantages on PS5.

But I think it is time to sell two of my three PS4 controllers now. Also my retail copies of Persona 5, God of War, Uncharted 4 and infamous Second Son (due to the PS+ collection).

If I can get $100 - $120 for the 2 controllers + 4 games it would be a nice incentive to make the PS5 jump earlier than needed.

Last edited by Conina - on 21 September 2020