By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mads Mikkelsen: Kojima Is the Godfather of Creating New Things. Death Stranding

Mads is amazing. Loved his performance in Hannibal and a few other movies. It's a damn shame Star Wars wasted him with such a small role, he deserved to be a Sith Lord or something.

As for Kojima? I understand people's concerns with what we've seen from Death Stranding but he has yet to let me down. Even if I don't love every single game he's made, I still enjoy them tremendously and find them much more memorable than most game series out there. I really believe Death Stranding will end up being something special.

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I don't like Kojima. For me, the best game he made was Policenauts, and even that one is not in my top 5 VNs. His games have good cinematics and amazing graphics, but that's about it. Heck, the only Metal Gear game I liked enough to beat was Rising.

And, from what I saw about Death Stranding, I feel it looks more like a movie than a game. If that's right, I'll pass it too.

Clearly you’ve never played a Kojima game. MGS games have extremely tight and responsive controls, so they feel great in their moment to moment movements. The amount of intertwining systems that allow you to employ near infinite tactics may just be unparalleled.

Anyone calling them just movies has to be someone who’s knowledge of Kojima games is limited to some memes they’ve seen.

BraLoD said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I don't like Kojima. For me, the best game he made was Policenauts, and even that one is not in my top 5 VNs. His games have good cinematics and amazing graphics, but that's about it. Heck, the only Metal Gear game I liked enough to beat was Rising.

And, from what I saw about Death Stranding, I feel it looks more like a movie than a game. If that's right, I'll pass it too.

Did you play Metal Gear Solid 3?

A bit of MGS3, and I also played MGS2 up to a point where you have to protect a little girl while she cross a bridge, or something.

The only Metal Gear I haven't played so far is MGS4, since I don't have a PS3.

StokedUp said:
What!? All he's ever created is metal gear, ZOTE and death Stranding.

Kojima is one of the few developers who work on everything (story, gameplay, characters, features, atmosphere, details). And he has the innovative P.T. created. Also a Castlevania game on PS3 (the best of the last 10 years). The successor of Konami (without Hideo Kojima) was a complete flop (game quality, sales figures, ratings). And Zone of the Enders 2 is still the best mecha-anime game to date :) Metal Gear Solid games are legendary. In addition, the genre of "stealth action" became famous thanks to Kojima. i could say more, but i go in 10 minutes to my friend :)

Spike0503 said:
Mads is amazing. Loved his performance in Hannibal and a few other movies. It's a damn shame Star Wars wasted him with such a small role, he deserved to be a Sith Lord or something.

As for Kojima? I understand people's concerns with what we've seen from Death Stranding but he has yet to let me down. Even if I don't love every single game he's made, I still enjoy them tremendously and find them much more memorable than most game series out there. I really believe Death Stranding will end up being something special.

You saw Hannibal, thats cool !!!

BraLoD said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Did you play Metal Gear Solid 3?

The best Game of all time (together with Persona 4/5 for me) :) It was perfect in my opinion.

Well I can only say that I have immense appreciation for Kojima and his games. So I'm very interested in what we are going to see.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Kinda hoping it flops massively just because he's been such a pretentious douche when it comes to marketing the game. I couldn't really care less how great your game supposedly is, if literally the only reason you've given me to buy it is your name... then you can fuck right off! There's plenty of games that have actually made themselves look appealing that I'd rather spend my time on instead.

I’ve come across several of your posts one after the other and I have to say you have the worst opinions I’ve seen in a while coming from one person.

Moderated - think-man 

Last edited by think-man - on 16 October 2019

Ka-pi96 said:
BraLoD said:

What if the game turns out to be about rescuing polar bears?

Then he really should have put some polar bears in one of the trailers!

Radek said:

When was he a douche recently? You mean the Twitter thing? It was already confirmed to be language issue, English isn't his first language, he didn't mean to disregard his fellow Kojima Productions developers.

I don't mean anything like that, I'm just talking about the marketing. As in, he's given little to no details about what kind of game it actually is and some of the trailers/gameplay videos were just a guy walking and a floating baby and stuff. To me at least that's a pretty douchey way to market a game.

Well he is doing a very "enigmatic" show of the game, but yes it can bother some people.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

If this game turns to be mgs3 level, than we have a goty.

Never liked MGS, never liked ideo style... Find it too jap mainstream narrative... It's nice welle executed no question... Just not my cup of tea as whole... Calling him the godfather is a gigantic stretch IMHO

endimion said:
Never liked MGS, never liked ideo style... Find it too jap mainstream narrative... It's nice welle executed no question... Just not my cup of tea as whole... Calling him the godfather is a gigantic stretch IMHO

Well... What is jap narrative ?