By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many more Switches will be sold by year's end?

How many more Switches will be sold by year's end?

5 Million 6 8.57%

6 Million 1 1.43%

7 Million 4 5.71%

8 Million 5 7.14%

9 Million 3 4.29%

10 Million 18 25.71%

11 Million 13 18.57%

13 Million 11 15.71%

15 Million 5 7.14%

17 Million 4 5.71%

Total:70
JRPGfan said:
kirby007 said:

Its going to outsell ww totals for the ps4 in 2020

You think in the holidays alone, its going to outsell the entire PS4 yearly total?
So like if PS4 does 16m this year, you saying Switch will do more in Oct+nov+december, this year ww?

Thats a bold prediction.
I ll just say I doubt that.

Time will tell which of us is right.

*edit:  nvm, you wrote 2020.

How much do you think PS4 will do next year (2020)?
Lets say PS4 does like 16,5m this year... whats next year like? in your opinion?

I think Switch does like 10m this year, in the holidays.
I could see the PS4 doing more than that next year (world wide, over the entire year).

WW LTD totals

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Enough to pass the Xbox in sales. Pokemon will be a killer.

kirby007 said:
JRPGfan said:

You think in the holidays alone, its going to outsell the entire PS4 yearly total?
So like if PS4 does 16m this year, you saying Switch will do more in Oct+nov+december, this year ww?

Thats a bold prediction.
I ll just say I doubt that.

Time will tell which of us is right.

*edit:  nvm, you wrote 2020.

How much do you think PS4 will do next year (2020)?
Lets say PS4 does like 16,5m this year... whats next year like? in your opinion?

I think Switch does like 10m this year, in the holidays.
I could see the PS4 doing more than that next year (world wide, over the entire year).

WW LTD totals

I guess we ll know sometime early 2021, if your right.

Possbily before, if it turns out Switch has a monsterous holidays as your predicting.
If it turns out that Switch does like 15m+ in the holidays, I ll admit to you being right in advance.
(because I honestly dont see 2020, for the PS4 being over 15m)

12 to 13

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Chrkeller said:

Yeah that's a given. How could they not move the extra 5.1 million to surpass Xbox? MS is guaranteed 3rd place this gen. 

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Chrkeller said:

Yeah that's a given. How could they not move the extra 5.1 million to surpass Xbox? MS is guaranteed 3rd place this gen. 

Is the X1 "this gen" tho? I thought this gen was X1, WiiU, PS4 and the Switch is the first of the following gen, paired with PS5 and *ejem*... Scarlett. 

Jpcc86 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Is the X1 "this gen" tho? I thought this gen was X1, WiiU, PS4 and the Switch is the first of the following gen, paired with PS5 and *ejem*... Scarlett. 

Does it matter?  I don't see the Scarlett selling more than the Switch.  But who knows for sure.  Either way, generation used to be easy to define, it just isn't anymore.  

Jpcc86 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Whatever generation we assign to Switch is irrelevant. The fact remains that Switch will have outsold the XB1, while only being on the market for half the time of the XB1. 

10-12 million. Switch Lite is going to be quite the big hit for parents this holiday season.

Cerebralbore101 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I'm assuming you mean Q4 of 2019.

It will definitely be a lot.  I voted 15m, but that assumes Nintendo keeps every location in good supply.  I wouldn't be surprised if they are supply constrained instead and fall short of the 15m.

I was asking how many sold during the holidays last year. 

I read it exactly the same way he did, Haha. No idea why, it was pretty clear.