By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games you have a love-hate relationship with

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Need a Mario Kart 8 DX.... no items, Fox only.... FINAL DESTINATION. version of MK8D.

Great game though, Go for that full Golden Mario/Kart/Glider it was very hard to get but very fulfilling to have it online in games.

So, how about: No items, standard kart only, Rainbow Road.

Naturally everyone in fox amiibo outfit

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

The Sims franchise. I love it because its the only type of game that exist. But I hate how Ea handles it with all the micro transactions.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Crash Bandicoot remaster - Dude, I dont remember it being so hard. But I gotta do it man, I gotta beat this shit. 

Devil May Cry 5 - I never liked the DMC mainly because I never like the DMC main characters, I feel so cringy playing characters so forced to look "cool" as if a teenager designed them, I cant for the life of me get invested in them. I get that "I hope no one sees me play this" sensation. But the game is loads of fun, good battle mechanics, fun bosses, challenging enough. Its good. The game is good. The characters suck ass but the game is fine.

Breath of the Wild - Amazing game, wont question that. But no amount of people saying "its supposed/meant to be like that" is gonna convince me that the mechanics design for weapon durability and item storage is the best it could've been. Cause its shit.

Final Fantasy X - On one hand I like the simple basic gameplay, the world building and I absolutely adore the amazing soundtrack. Its enjoyable when you are out there fighting enemies, beating bosses, doing side quest to get ultimate weapons (except for all that dodging lighting and that dodger chocobo nonsense). On the other hand, I absolutely hate most of the characters, worst cast of characters in a FF secondary only to FF13 and the manner the story develops feels like written by a 10year old. Its hard to get invested in the drama when its presented so cartoonishly.

Parodius. Love the games, love the art, absolutely love the music, but I'm also absolutely terrible at it. Similar thing for Metal Slug, btw, though not nearly as bad.

Hoo boy do i have a list for that .. Astral Chain,Bayoneta games,Nier Automata,Horizon Zero Dawn,RDR2,FFX,Xenoblade Chronicles 2,The Last Guardian,Skyrim just to name a few..

Around the Network

Dota. It's like a drug. I can't get enough of it but I know it's bad for me. Clean since last year though!

village boy learns to jump.

sub-zero-TM said:
Hoo boy do i have a list for that .. Astral Chain,Bayoneta games,Nier Automata,Horizon Zero Dawn,RDR2,FFX,Xenoblade Chronicles 2,The Last Guardian,Skyrim just to name a few..

Why Astral Chain?

village boy learns to jump.

Donkey Kong 64, I have completed that game, I don't know why, movement is slow, the bonus stages suck, some of the levels like the factory are a terrible maze that looks the same at most turns, but somehow I was compelled to complete it. So I must really like it to an extent.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2, for every good moment in its story, music, characters and gameplay, good lord, the uneven pacing of cutscenes (Chapter 3 ending, most of the end chapters since reaching Elysium), on top of uneven tone of moments, you get one dramatic end to Chapter 3 and then we go straight to a breasts + tsundere joke, Nopons continue to be the worst creature Monolith has come up with, that also goes for that maid mech arc and the whole Blade Field Abilities being worse than the entire HM mechanic in Pokemon. And personally, the only good design of Poppi is the first form, so that gets ruined too. Nia goes from a good character to the whole unnecessary I love Rex moment in Chapter 7.

For me, it's CS:GO. Community is toxic as crap and hackers galore, and yet the gameplay is addicting! There's a reason why, other than the weapon skins, the game is still the same is it was nearly 20 years ago, and still top 3 most played games on Steam every day. You go from feeling like a God when you pull off a sick flick shot, to wanting to throw your keyboard into the monitor when you nearly empty a clip at someone point blank only for the recoil to go everywhere else except the enemy giving them time to turn around and take you out. Yet, I constantly keep coming back despite having a ton of other games to play!

red dead redemption 2 I loved the world and exploring it, I loved the hunting aspect . absolutely hate the mission design and input lag (idc what noone says that horrid response time in not realistic at all)