By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Sony plans to launch the PS5 and PS5 Pro at the same time.

Yes give the Pro Sony i dont want to buy two playstation in a single genreration

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

This is a dumb idea. One device is always the best way to go.

Chrkeller said:
I don't see native 4k at 60 fps being used much at all. Ps5 will use checkerboarding.

I see a lot of indie games and sidescrolling being 4k 60fps. For AAA titles I think we will see quite a lot of early cross gen games hit 4k/60fps but they'll look only marginally better than X1X ports.

From when we start seeing games getting built from the ground up for next gen consoles in mind, developers will naturally pick cinematic visuals over 60fps or native 4k for most single player experiences. 60fps/checkboard 1440 for most competitive games.

And there will absolutely be 1080p games too, especially for developers who want to incorporate raytracing heavily into the experiences.

Keiji said:
Chrkeller said:
I don't see native 4k at 60 fps being used much at all. Ps5 will use checkerboarding.

Like PS4 Pro ? So what's the point to release a new console ?

Because resolution increase is the only thing that needs improvement? Seriously, checkerboard 4K looks great, you can barely tell the difference and it saves a ton on processing power that can be utilized for more important things. Techniques like checkerboard 4K is exactly the kind of "trickery" that makes consoles great at what they do at the prices they do it at. In the end what we should be concerned with is how good it looks not how it was achieved.