By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Nintendo Switch Lite Launches This Week - Will You be Buying One?

The Nintendo Switch Lite Launches This Week - Will You be Buying One?

Yes, day one 58 5.49%

Yes, but not at launch 122 11.55%

Unsure 88 8.33%

No, probably not 187 17.71%

No, definitely not 582 55.11%

Other 19 1.80%

Total:1,056
Pemalite said:
Mar1217 said:

Well, enjoy your time elsewhere cuz you won't see the light of the day where that's happening ...

People said there wouldn't be a mobile-only Switch... Oh look. The Switch Lite happened.

Yep, Switch TV standalone for $149 and Switch TV w/Pro Controller or pair of Joy-Cons for $199 sometime next year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Not at first but i probably will in a couple years when my two older kids are ready for an upgrade from their 2DSs then pass those down to their two younger siblings.

I actually think this is the best way to look at Switch Lite; less as a "downgraded Switch" and more as a direct successor to the 3DS/2DS.

Compare the Lite to those and you're getting a huge upgrade.

curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:
Not at first but i probably will in a couple years when my two older kids are ready for an upgrade from their 2DSs then pass those down to their two younger siblings.

I actually think this is the best way to look at Switch Lite; less as a "downgraded Switch" and more as a direct successor to the 3DS/2DS.

Compare the Lite to those and you're getting a huge upgrade as a dedicated portable.

For sure, compare MK7 to MK8 Deluxe, 3D Land to Odyssey, OoT 3D to BotW, Smash 3DS to Smash Ultimate, etc.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I have 2 switches in my house already so probably will not get a mini. Have had joycon problems on both systems so would be hesitant to purchase one myself anywhere near launch in case the drifting problems are still there.

Nope and even if I didn't already have one I'd still get the regular, higher cost but higher value. I'd be interested in a Switch Pro depending on it's execution, though money is tight so I'd prolly have to skip it even if it is amazing.

Around the Network

No I already have the original, with the bigger screen and ability to dock.

I have a regular Switch and primarily play it docked, and I have no problem using it as a portable if I want to take it with me. So pass on Switch Lite. I understand the idea behind it though.

Pemalite said:
Mar1217 said:

Well, enjoy your time elsewhere cuz you won't see the light of the day where that's happening ...

People said there wouldn't be a mobile-only Switch... Oh look. The Switch Lite happened.

I think that a mobile-only Switch is more in line with Nintendo's overall philosophy and market than a TV-only Switch. 

If I didn't already have a Switch I'd consider it. Since I do though, no, no intentions of buying a Switch Lite but even if my Switch broke for whatever reason, I'd probably just get the regular switch again.

SanAndreasX said:
Pemalite said:

I think that a mobile-only Switch is more in line with Nintendo's overall philosophy and market than a TV-only Switch. 

Of course it's easy to say "oh it was always a sure thing" after it happened, but that doesn't change what people said before then. I was among those who said there wouldn't be a mobile-only Switch as it would go against the point of the system and be redundant, that they could just pricecut and value bundle the regular instead. Even now, I still don't think there will be a TV-only Switch, but I wont say it's impossible or that anyone is wrong for believing it will happen. I know no more than anyone else, only Nintendo can know for certain.