By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hideo Kojima don't understand "DEATH STRANDING" himself

LOL he outkojimad himself.

Around the Network

Will the players understand it?

Chrkeller said:
I do not enjoy Kojima games. Too much watching and not enough playing.

That's my opinion too.

I tried Metal Gear Solid V again this week, but it's no use. The cinematics are awesome, but the gameplay is not for me.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Chrkeller said:

That's my opinion too.

I tried Metal Gear Solid V again this week, but it's no use. The cinematics are awesome, but the gameplay is not for me.

I don't mind watching but the gameplay is too awkward. I don't know about the modern MGS games, but the PS2 era ones were borderline unplayable. In MGS2 thanks to the camera you couldn't see more than 20 meters ahead of you while the enemies could, and that's in a freaking stealth game!

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Well, it is possible that a creator can outpace himself and end up creating a situation/product, that htey themselves do not fully understand/comprehend.

Kojima has proven that he can be creative with his writing/directive skills, but at the same time there are times where he just doesn't make sense of any of his skills (like Quiet and the whole "breathing through her skin" and virtually nothing else, or the AI in 2 speaking gobbldegoop), and that sometimes ends up with a part of the story not being clear cut or making much sense to the audience (like how it could take some years to decipher some meaning, that could have been constructed in a way that it wasn't so complicated to understand).

It could very well be possible that DS might end up being a movie based game, where not much of the plot makes sense or is designed in a way for the average person to understand. He could also end up with a plot that contains insanely smart plots/twists, but either way, it has to make actual sense, and not be some crazy jargon or gobbledegook that some people have to hand wave and go "ahh that makes sense", when it really couldn't.

I liked his previous writing in MGS 1-4 (save for the AI part mentioned above), but 5 was the tipping point, and it made me realise that he's not a perfect guy, or the perfect director/creator that I once thought him to be. People shouldn't be defending him no matter what, because he is a man capable of creating a flaw/failure within his own skills. I mean, we have Tim Miller (Deadpool) and James Cameron (Terminator/Titanic/Avatar) having worked on the latest Terminator film, and it already looks like a massive flop, and you'd think it wouldn't be, because both have created/directed good films prior to this latest upcoming film. Kojima is very much capable of creating a few mistakes of his own.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Chrkeller said:

That's my opinion too.

mgs v ist like the most gameplay centric and accessible mgs of all of them. there are almost no cinematics in comparison to the other.

Mystro-Sama said:
I just hope its fun. Thats literally the main reason why people play games.

Not really, I play games mostly because I enjoy the story told, but the fact is every Kojima game was either fun and overwhelming in story telling. But some one just don't like to think, it's Okay tho, don't expect every one to find details and hints behind in the trailers released, all they did is screaming for GaMePlAy, like it's better be like Fortnite so that we can shoot each other in it.

NathanSSSS said:
Mystro-Sama said:
I just hope its fun. Thats literally the main reason why people play games.

Not really, I play games mostly because I enjoy the story told, but the fact is every Kojima game was either fun and overwhelming in story telling. But some one just don't like to think, it's Okay tho, don't expect every one to find details and hints behind in the trailers released, all they did is screaming for GaMePlAy, like it's better be like Fortnite so that we can shoot each other in it.

A video game is primarily interactive content, i.e. gameplay. Sure a good story is nice and adds to the total package of the game itself but that can't be the sole focus during develop. If thats what they're going for then they should have just made it a movie then.

Im afraid that I actually believe him. For some reason my hype is a bit dull, Im buying this day 1 based off his resume alone. But still

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi