By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is playing up DLC in Australia for GTAIV!!!

Microsoft finally seems to be doing something right with GTAIV.

I walked into three seperate stores that sell games today (one EB and two JB Hi-fi's) and they have posters everywhere saying that GTAIV is "now on Xbox 360" and that it will have exclusive Downloadable Content in (whatever month is said).

They have both large posters that only describe the 360 version of the game and small A4 sized versions that include the 500MS point deal with preorders.  The only posters that mention the PS3 are the one or two that are from Rockstar and they also mention the 360 version.

How much of a difference do you think the in-store advertising Microsoft is funding will make? 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

In store ads will do almost nothing. People make their decision at home or wherever, few change their mind from a store poster.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

MaximusOptimus said:
In store ads will do almost nothing. People make their decision at home or wherever, few change their mind from a store poster.

I'd have to agree. Only way this will work is if people who frequently visit these stores actually read the poster before they made up their mind. I know half the time I just look right through the words and just focus on the picture. Ofcourse people are going to see GTA4 and just be like "sweet cant wait" because they already know this game., I know I'm not alone here either. Also people going to these shops are probably hardcore games and probably already know about the DLC and already made up their mind in which one they are getting.

well if they walk into the store see the advertisement and have yet to pick up a PS3 or 360, they may actually be swayed to buy the PS3 seeing as it's bundled with GTA4, otherwise they will just pick up the game for what ever console they have.

So there only doing it in Australia? :l

whoopi-fucking-do.......

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
Around the Network

This should also be taken into account, for the UK at least:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=24089

It makes it seem 360-exclusive.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
This should also be taken into account, for the UK at least:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=24089

It makes it seem 360-exclusive.

Sweet.  I hope MS puts some serious funding behind this. 

Noone is going to go "ok, I'll spend 159 pounds on a 360" then walk into a shop and go "WOW its on the PS3 with less content for more money, I'll get that instead." 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I agree with Starcraft on this - its going to make a difference. Up to now, I have seen more in-store advertising for the PS3 version really (or either) - none for the 360 specifically.

They REALLY need a 360 bundle (Pro or Arcade, or both) with the free points - and advertise it.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I don't get why 360 just doesn't put some misleading advertising up.

Just have TV commercials that say "Exclusive content coming only on 360." without mentioning you have to pay for it.

@Kasz: Read my last post.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."