By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is playing up DLC in Australia for GTAIV!!!

Europe is mainly PS3 only and only advertise GTA 4 for the PS3.
I wonder how PS3 and XBox 360 advertise GTA 4 in the USA?

Around the Network

Good work.. At least this exclusive won't be a waste. I'd hate exclusives flop just because of poor information...

well they need to b/c its the only thing it has over the PS3 vers

starcraft said:
thekitchensink said:
This should also be taken into account, for the UK at least:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=24089

It makes it seem 360-exclusive.

Sweet.  I hope MS puts some serious funding behind this. 

Noone is going to go "ok, I'll spend 159 pounds on a 360" then walk into a shop and go "WOW its on the PS3 with less content for more money, I'll get that instead." 

Why? Who cares what version sells most? All that matters is you get to play it. (unless you work for Sony or MS). 

TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:
thekitchensink said:
This should also be taken into account, for the UK at least:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=24089

It makes it seem 360-exclusive.

Sweet. I hope MS puts some serious funding behind this.

Noone is going to go "ok, I'll spend 159 pounds on a 360" then walk into a shop and go "WOW its on the PS3 with less content for more money, I'll get that instead."

Why? Who cares what version sells most? All that matters is you get to play it. (unless you work for Sony or MS).

Because it is in all our interests for the Xbox 360 to match the PS3 in Europe sale for sale.  That ensures that we all get every game publishers want to maximize profit on and will force Sony and Microsoft to create more, brilliant exclusives.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Do people these days really look at in store ads?

From what i've seen people either go into a store looking for something they need, or they saw in a flyer.

Why are they only doing this in Australia? No offense to you aussies but its not that important of a region for gaming.

too bad the Australian version is censored, no complete version for you aussies.

Kasz216 said:
thekitchensink said:
@Kasz: Read my last post.

Well i wouldn't call that one as bad honestly. After all it's not Microsofts job to advertise for the PS3 version of the game. There are plenty of US adds that show the PS3 version exists.

Playing a little dirty by framing the 360 exlcuisve content i think might help more.

I'm not sure I'd call that "playing dirty".  It's not like they're lying or false advertising.  They paid for the DLC exclusive, they should be advertising it.

Also, I think it's interesting how everyone is now trying to create an imaginary script of how someone will walk into a game store and buy GTAIV to spin it toward their favorite console.  First of all, I'm willing to bet that most people have already made their decision and pre-ordered the game, especially now that we have found out that supply may not meet demand on launch day.  Second of all, I've seen a couple of different polls now, and several predictions saying that GTAIV is definitely going to be more attractive as a 360 title.  Yes, those are just polls and predictions and not real facts at all, but who are we kidding here?  The 360 version will have more content and it has a bigger user base.  Of course this game will sell better on the 360.  It seems like the PS3 guys are scared that it will sell more hardware.  

I don't know.  This is a pretty awesome website, but some of you guys waste a lot of energy worrying about who will "win" this console war without thinking about how that will even be decided and how much it will even matter.  As I've said before, not one of the three machines on the market is going to be the next Dreamcast at this point.  The only that seemed in danger of that is now picking up the pace, so I don't know why everyone can't just relax.  My honest opinion?  The first machine that developers would abandon would be the Wii.  I know I might get flamed for saying that, but it's been happening to Nintendo for the last couple of generations.   

From what I've seen its pretty even atm. the 360 version will sell more because it has a bigger install base here.

BCNR34 said:
too bad the Australian version is censored, no complete version for you aussies.
Actually they released some info on it the other day.  It looks like it's all still there apart from a couple of more obscene swear words.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS