By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is playing up DLC in Australia for GTAIV!!!

thekitchensink said:
@Kasz: Read my last post.

Well i wouldn't call that one as bad honestly.  After all it's not Microsofts job to advertise for the PS3 version of the game.  There are plenty of US adds that show the PS3 version exists.

Playing a little dirty by framing the 360 exlcuisve content i think might help more.

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
MaximusOptimus said:
In store ads will do almost nothing. People make their decision at home or wherever, few change their mind from a store poster.

I'd have to agree. Only way this will work is if people who frequently visit these stores actually read the poster before they made up their mind. I know half the time I just look right through the words and just focus on the picture. Ofcourse people are going to see GTA4 and just be like "sweet cant wait" because they already know this game., I know I'm not alone here either. Also people going to these shops are probably hardcore games and probably already know about the DLC and already made up their mind in which one they are getting.

I was gonna post this. Sigh, you beat me to it.:) Here in UK as well they have big posters. And they are big. I disagree with the comments above as the words 360 and exclusive are big. It was in your face as you walked in the door. It will certainly make people read the rest. I saw no advertising at all for PS3 version other than the coming soon boxes in the PS3 section. 

The advertising you see depends on who is paying for it. If Rockstar/Take Two is paying for their own advertising, it will likely show you any systems it is available for. If one of the companies (Sony/MS in this case) wants to pay for it themselves and only show their system logo on it, and in this case tout exclusive features, then who is Rockstar to pass up free advertising? MS should be advertising extras if they've secured the rights to them. You know if Sony had DLC on the way, they'd be marketing the hell out of it too.

As to why I think the DLC marketing has been slow so far: It's still quite a ways off. Neither MS nor Sony need much to get people to buy the game right now. GTA sells itself at this point, particularly at launch. It will be as the holiday season approaches and the companies start looking to move more and more systems that MS will more than likely go full on with "We have exclusive content for GTA IV, buy the 360 for Christmas if you want to get GTA". My guess at least.

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

Microsoft must dedicate a LOT of money to advertising. Simple as that.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I went in to EB today in Brisbane and they said they have mostly ps3 pre-orders. 360 has a few but most are going ps3. Also checked out game traders and they pretty much said the same.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network
finalsquall said:
I went in to EB today in Brisbane and they said they have mostly ps3 pre-orders. 360 has a few but most are going ps3. Also checked out game traders and they pretty much said the same.
 I used to live in Loganholme. Between Brisbane and Beenliegh. I moved back to England though. Getting colder there now right? 

In America, TV commercials are pretty sucky, so I don't really watch, but they make no mention of the EEC.

Well actually my local EB where I pre-ordered GTAIV today had a 2-1 majority to the 360. So I guess it depends where you live.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

selnor said:
finalsquall said:
I used to live in Loganholme. Between Brisbane and Beenliegh. I moved back to England though. Getting colder there now right?

Cool... Notthat far from me. I work in the Logan Area and Jimboomba :D   But I'm a west sider :D 

It is really mixed weather over here atm.  One day hot, then cold, then raining.  Can't make its bloody mind up :P 

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

I don't really trust any GameStop employees. I mean we all know that GTAIV sales will probably be 2:1 in favor of 360, but some people who work at GameStops have ulterior motives for saying things like it's pre-ordered more on console x than y.