By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ever go to movies alone?

Around the Network
Ryy said:
I can honestly say that Pirates 3 is the worst movie I have ever watched.

I thought the same thing about Spiderman 3, at least a movie in a theater.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Same here with Spiderman3 wanted to see it later in a low buget theatre but my little brother begged me to take him and since I have a job I invited him, the tickets where about 6 euros a piece (before 5) but with drinks and popcorn  it was about 20  euros, what a ripoff, at least the movie was good entertainment and the movie experience is woth some cash, does anybody else still have an old-school theatre nearby ??? we still have a small one where you can smoke and drink alcohol, you can push a button infront of the seat and a waiter will bring you long-drinks, beer or snacks, it´s so cool.

As a side note, I rarely go alone, however I like going to movies when they're a little on in their life and the theaters get like 5 people in the movie for a show. And I like to sit right next to somebody and when they say something to me I look at them and go "Shhhh this is the part when..." and spoil plot because I'm an A$$

I go to movies alone reasonably often, but maybe thats cause I'm slightly anti-social =) As for specific movies recently, oh god I didn't like Spiderman 3, though maybe thats cause Tobey Maguire makes me want to hurl. I could think of like a dozen people who would have been a better spiderman =(

Around the Network

£7.60 ($15/11Euro) after 5pm, £6.20 ($12.30/9.10 Euro) before 5. 

On tuesdays at my "local" cinema it's only £4.50 ($9/6.60Euro) which is really cheap, but I can never get anyone to go and see anything on Tuesdays and the car park is always full that day. 

The idea of going to the cinema for just £1 is just a wonderful dream  :) London is one of the most expensive places in the world, which is a great reason for me to travel!

Spiderman 3 wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen ( I acutally thought it was ok)...that award goes to "Hero"

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

I hate Pirates. And no, I wouldn't go to a movie alone...I just like to have at least one or two people with me.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I've gone to the movies alone a couple times. As for Pirates 3 I really liked it, it was no where near as bad as Spider-man 3 or even Shrek 3. Spider-man 3 gets the title of worst part 3 ever. I would also give Spiderman 3 the title of worst movie of 2007 as of right now. Now I will say Pirates 3 isn't as great as the first or the second. But its not that bad. Its like Back to the Future 3. The first 2 were hands down the best in the series but the third installment was still a great movie. Pirates 3 was a pretty fresh movie that didn't rely on recycled jokes. Sure their were a few but the didn't feel old at all. The action scenes were f*cken great! And the story was really good. That being said I did have a few problems with it. first off The movie was to long, Thou that could have been fixed had the beginning not been slow. The 2nd half is easily the best part. second some parts were a let down, they built up certain parts and in the end they just fizzled out. and third the ending was iffy, I would have gone for a better ending but thats not saying the ending wasn't good. These aren't big problems but they are the only things I would have tried to fix.

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie

I have heard (from several sources) that Pirates 3 is pretty bad. I really enjoyed 1st (and 2nd probably even more), so I will see this - although not expecting a heap.

I sometimes see movies alone - but it depends on the type of movie. Some movies (like pirates) I would probably only go with friends/partner, because its more of a "family" comedy movie. More serious flicks I would be happy to see alone.

PS: I really, really liked Solaris. Its one of the few movies I have on DVD. Have to be in the right mood for it, and its a bit of a thinking movie - but I love it. Clooney rocks.

PPS: I really HATED Shrek2. Its a bit hard to explain - I loved the first movie - but it felt like the sequel was a complete sell-out, "Hollywood has bought my soul out" movie. I'm going to do everything I can to avoid Shrek 3... (unless I hear some really good reviews...).

PPPS: Spidey3 was ok. It was different from the other movies (much less action, more personal interaction) - and my partner really liked it (probably more than the other movies). Story was a little loose though, ending was all stuffed up. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

stof said:

Sure I've done it before. Usually if it's a movie that nobody else would want to see. I went solo to see Death of a President and The Illusionist. However, I liked Illusionist so much I went again and brought my girlfriend.

The real question is, why Pirates 3? The second one was an overly long, rarely entertaining mishmash of nonsensical story elements. It was an even bigger sequel dissapointment than Matrix 2&3

LOL...

Oh no way!

Matrix 2 & 3 were new definitions for "complete disasters in moviemaking". I actually fell asleep in the 2nd movie, and did again when I was forced to sit through the movie again at my friends place. I think I preferred the 3rd movie to the 2nd (most people were the opposite) - I could never understand why EVERYONE didn't bag the hell out of the 2nd movie. It was a complete disaster.

They should release a book:

"A case study of how to destroy a profitable brand: The Matrix movie sequels" 

(no trolling intended, but maybe Sony can pitch in with special comments on the PS3...)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099